Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before i make the trip i need to address some of the issues i had last weekend on my 05 rev 440. the temp was high around 4C, and about 3-5 feet of powder. i was having some major bogging issues, almost like it couldnt breathe. and it seemed it was only doing this when i really needed the power. i did notice after some investigating that the filter for the airbox, exterior one, had become ice-snow packed. i removed it and beat it for awhile and replaced it. it seemed to run better for awhile but it started again, so i checked the filter again and it wasnt that bad. is this my problem? it runs like a bat out of hell on the trails, but as soon as i get in the pow-pow she sputters like crazy. the rev chasis is new to me. am i getting powder into the carbs? i never had this problem with any of my others 440's and my summit well, it was made for the sh&%. anyone have similar problems? have you done anything to make her better in the powder? any tips are much apprecitated

Thanks again in advance
Ryan

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
There is a pre-filter sock that goes over top of the side panel filter, it's a must for off-trail riding. Doo makes one (p/n 508 000 454, $20.47 cdn), I got mine from SLP before I knew Doo made one. I think you'll find that it helps a lot - if ice ever does accumulate on the surface it's as easy as wiping it off rather than taking off the filter and beating it. (Those things can hold a lot of snow!) There's a good chance you were sucking some snow into the carbs too, so my guess is that putting the sock on will cure the majority of your problem. Running isopropyl is a good idea if you're not already, too. Also, if you happen to be using the screen under the front bumper rather than the 440 blockoff plate, snow (or even too much cold air) on the pipe causes it to run like garbage. I tried running the screen for one day and went back to the blockoff the next, it was night and day difference. My $.02.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
robm said:
There is a pre-filter sock that goes over top of the side panel filter, it's a must for off-trail riding. Doo makes one (p/n 508 000 454, $20.47 cdn), I got mine from SLP before I knew Doo made one. I think you'll find that it helps a lot - if ice ever does accumulate on the surface it's as easy as wiping it off rather than taking off the filter and beating it. (Those things can hold a lot of snow!) There's a good chance you were sucking some snow into the carbs too, so my guess is that putting the sock on will cure the majority of your problem. Running isopropyl is a good idea if you're not already, too. Also, if you happen to be using the screen under the front bumper rather than the 440 blockoff plate, snow (or even too much cold air) on the pipe causes it to run like garbage. I tried running the screen for one day and went back to the blockoff the next, it was night and day difference. My $.02.
[snapback]700736[/snapback]​
thanks for the prompt answer! i have actually heard of the sock before. man i love this site. intelligent people giving intelligent and speedy advice!
now i am pumped for the big ride. anyone ever ridden in Montreal River Ontario? 1 hour north of Sault Ste Marie. they have been getting record snow fall this year, and they just recieved another 2 feet this past weekend. nuts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.