Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we had a trail change in our area and need to set up new stakes ( wood and steel ) ,some in frozen ground and some on a closed road bed ,other than a sledge , crow bar and a few good people is there any mechanical tools like a 15 lb hammerdrill work ? thanks

·
Registered
773 Posts
Seen guys use a mini excavator with a jack hammer attachment on it. Best part was the mini ex stayed on they trailer behind the truck. They swung off the side of the trailer, made the hole, then swung to opposite to do the same. Quick, fast, and easy, drove down the trail. I think similar attachments can be put on bobcats as well. Biggest challenge would be snow depth and getting stuck with this type of setup. When I saw these guys in action, there was only a dusting of snow on frozen soil.

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,361 Posts
At work I often have to drive 5/8 inch X 8 foot rods into the ground for electrical services.

I use a Bosh hammer drill and one of their attachments to drive them in, frozen ground is no problem ever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info ,we started laying out the trail , will have to use the gen. and dewalt hammer drill to complete the signage ,but we only have 3/4 in. bit now ,so it sounds like a 1-1/2 in would best

1 - 6 of 6 Posts