Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm trying to post some pictures here but I keep getting an error that the picture is too big. Is there an easy way of doing this. Do you need to convert your pictures from the digital camera to something else. Any help with this would be great.
Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
526 Posts
Heres an easier way. go to photobucket.com and create a FREE account to host your pictures.

Once your account is created, upload your pictures to photobucket. Once they are uploaded there is a link already created for you. Simply highlight the bar that has the [ I M G ] tags and paste them into the reply box.

-2002MXZ600

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
How do you add a picture to your message/thread?
Just click the reply button. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and where it says File attachment, you will se a browse button. Click that, and pick the picture you want to post from your hard drive. Then click add this attachment, and then submit the post.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i'm having trouble with this too...i have been trying infranview and lowering the pixels but still too big. what dimensions do you need? do you have to do anything else?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i'm having trouble with this too...i have been trying infranview and lowering the pixels but still too big. what dimensions do you need? do you have to do anything else?
The image must be LESS than 70K in size. If its a jpg image, that means that if you resize it to 640x480, that you are probably gonna be fine in posting it. The attached picture is 640X480, and its 53K in size. If I go to 800x600 its 73K, which is too big. This was resized in the free MS program.

Attachments

·
E-Tec Rules
33,596 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just seein if zone 5's idea
works. Here goes.........................

How do you add a picture to your message/thread?
Just click the reply button. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and where it says File attachment, you will se a browse button. Click that, and pick the picture you want to post from your hard drive. Then click add this attachment, and then submit the post.
[/quote]

Thanks man!

Attachments

·
Very Advanced Member
1,355 Posts
I've had some pics work and others don't. I use irfanview and read the dotalk tutorial but some still won't work. I tried making the pic smaller and lowered the picture quality as low as 15 before they would load. That low of quality and the pic turns out looking like colored squares. I think the problem is my camera is set to take the highest quality. Could this be the reason others are having problems also?

·
Registered
526 Posts
It would make it harder to resize because of the high quality of the pic.

Try what i suggested. No resizing, Photobucket resizes for you when you post in a forum and not to mention, the pictures are already hosted, so you can put them in any forum on the internet.

-2002MXZ600

·
Very Advanced Member
1,355 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts