Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
'14 Summit SP 600 '21 Expedition Sport 600 EFI
3,925 Posts
Headed to Spring Fling tomorrow, it will be my first time riding in May on snow.
Latest I've ridden here in Colorado was the first part of June.

Ol Revs still go where the new ones go

Just take a little more time
This time of year you don't even need a mountain sled out here... short track flat land sleds can go just about anywhere, especially in the mornings when the snow is like concrete.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Got her for a birthday present last year from my lovely GF. Pretty clean, just pulled her apart and gave her a once over. Love riding that little sled.
I picked up a '81 Elan couple years ago... it's in good over all shape, but need engine rebuild. Previous owner left it out in the rain, and got water in the jug. Only paid $50 for it.

My plan is to get it up and running this summer for my soon to be 8 year old daughter. :) This cancer won't wait.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I'm not saying they wreck the trails (and I agree with the sxs thing) it's just exploding the last couple years. I saw a guy in Minoqua with a mountain sled, back pack and a shovel Sticking out of his backpack! You can't go off trail in Wi, there's a town or tavern every 20 feet! What do you need that badly on your ride that you need a backpack and I don't even know what to say about the shovel......
I totally get the 'real off trail, out west, mountain guys', but this guy, like many I'd guess, was just a wanna' be, and just like the XRS, they'll cry the way it performs (on a trail) and Doo will cater to them and the cross overs will soon come with a 15-120 x 1" track. lol.
(I get riled up way to easy when there's no snow, lol)
Next time stop and ask the guy what kind of Avalanche Beacon he prefers. :lol:

To your point, it's pretty ironic considering the amount of space on a typical mountain sled tunnel to pack whatever, including the kitchen sink. Why someone would choose a backpack for trail riding is beyond me.

Honestly, I'd rather not have the weight of an avalanche pack, shovel & beacon on my back but that's not an option. My lovely wife & daughter would prefer to see me come home at the end of the day.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts