Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been looking into getting a rev but have a few questions. I do have a bad knee and was curious how others feel after riding with bad knees?

Other than these motos loosing compression what else do I need to look for with these models? Suspension? Places they seem too crack when driven hard etc. I am an aggresive trail rider and like to jump etc. I am looking at either a adrenaline or x package. I'll probably end up with an adrenaline because I see the X's are hard to come by.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If you are a jumper, or ride hard, definately buy the X. Unless of course you get a sweet enough deal on an Adrenaline. (sweet enough in that you have enough $ after the sled is purchased to buy all new shocks, riser kit etc..) Im sure the Rev would be better on a bad knee than a conventional sled or bad back for that matter. Its WAY easier to stand up on a Rev. You dont have to pull yourself up, you just stand up and its effortless. Sit on one and try it, I think youll be pleasantly suprised. Better yet, ride one! There is some reinforcements you can buy to beef the sled up from the 440 sleds. As far as the rings, just ride it and keep an eye on it. If they crap out get some Cudneys, or if the sled has a warranty, have the dealer do it. Buy the way, nice Mopar!

·
Registered
478 Posts
hotrodd said:
been looking into getting a rev but have a few questions. I do have a bad knee and was curious how others feel after riding with bad knees?

Other than these motos loosing compression what else do I need to look for with these models? Suspension? Places they seem too crack when driven hard etc. I am an aggresive trail rider and like to jump etc. I am looking at either a adrenaline or x package. I'll probably end up with an adrenaline because I see the X's are hard to come by.

Thanks
[snapback]263488[/snapback]​
A guy I rode with last week has bad knees. I let him ride my new 05 Gade 800 for several miles. He said his knees and legs felt much better and not cramped compared to his "traditional" sled. He commented the Rev rode effortlessly, no pain whatsoever. After the 170 mile ride we did, I was ready for 100 miles more that evening. But, he was cooked. My quads were a little sore the next day, a good kind of a soreness like I feel when I hit the gym. Guys with bad backs have told me there are able to ride easily as well. You will not be disappointed with the ride of the Rev.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have one rebuilt knee that has never fully recovered and am now riding a REV. No issues at all with my knee. Just like everyone has said I feel a little stiff in the quads but also my back feels great. The only problem with the knees is occasionally hitting the sled but that was pretty minor.

Buy it, you'll love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts