Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I'm very new to snowmobiling so cut me some slack here. I just got an '07 Summit X 800 with 159' track. I took it out last week and noticed oil leaking from the head, or somewhere around there. Other than getting it stuck a couple of times.... and i may have tipped it over once, I didn't have any issues with it. I love the speed and torque this thing has, it really surprised me. Anyway, I'm off topic, do you think i should continue to run it the rest of the season? Or should i garage it and fix it first. I'm a heavy duty diesel mechanic and i know a leaking head gasket is a big deal on those engines. However, I know very little about 2 stroke engines. The leak isn't terrible, i rode it all day and it only had a couple of streaks down the cylinder. Let me know what you think? Thanks!

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
Where about on the head are the streaks coming from? Check if the Y pipe bolts are tight. does it seem to be coming from the rave valves? Those would be the only places oil would leak from. How's the coolant level? Is it clean or dirty?
Pictures really are worth a thousand words.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The valve bolts were a little loose so I just put a turn on each bolt. I didn't take any pics before I cleaned it off, sorry. The coolant is low now from me tipping it. I'm going to top it off when I go up this week. But it's clean. Just bright neon green.

·
Mod Smut
4,825 Posts
Pull your spark plugs. If coolant is getting to them, they'll either look white-ish or look pretty much brand new

1 - 6 of 6 Posts