Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all summers here and time to fix the sled. I've done a tone of research on replacement of the S & E Module however I would like your opinions.

I just purchased GnR upper & lower a-arm braces and tunnel brace. The issue is do I just add them or fix what is slightly bent first. Sitting on the sled looking down at the left upper and lower a-arm alignment I see that the upper is maybe 1/2" further forward than the bottom, this is closer to the spindle side. The shock is not in contact with the a-arms however it's roughly 1/4" to 3/8" closer to the upper a-arm than the right side which is perfectly center. When squaring the ski's up with the garage door the left ski is about 1" to 1 1/2" shorter than the right. I haven't noticed any difference in handling at all it's still great.

Is this the S module or E, what is the best way to determine it? Will the Gnr braces still line up and be effective?

Thanks for any input guys

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
dont mess with it, if she's good,they suck to fix and you'll have to spend some money to get it close,but it wil never be 100%. just my opinion

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sorry to tell u bud ,but u probably waited to long to buy the grip and rip supports they r designed to stop this by allowing the a arm to take the force (bending) instead of the module. you may have 2 replace the module now .but its not as bad as people r saying I know a guy who changed his and it,s not as scary as everybody is making it out to be, Well we wanted LIGHT and we got LIGHT,

·
Registered
21 MXZ XRS 850
3,790 Posts
If it's gonna be on your brain all summer long, then crack a beer and get started. It's fun and easy for the average tool head. There's nothing better than working on your sled to pass the summer. How about installing the braces as you reassemble. Maybe it's a good time for other mods and colors as she is ripped apart. You'll get to know your sled really well too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If it's gonna be on your brain all summer long, then crack a beer and get started. It's fun and easy for the average tool head. There's nothing better than working on your sled to pass the summer. How about installing the braces as you reassemble. Maybe it's a good time for other mods and colors as she is ripped apart. You'll get to know your sled really well too.
x2! bang on correct, my s module is bent also, my sleds torn down to the motor now, just need some cash for the mod and a track, cannot wait!

cheers man, best of luck

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input and ya it's "edit for bad language" me off so I'll probably just do it, from what I've read it's not to bad and of course it's a good beer job. It'll have to wait till the CR250 is back up and running though, summer ain't that bad Brrrap.

Any idea's from the description on whether it's the S or E module that's bent?

ya while I'm at it I'm add a yellow ski-doo race skid plate, cleaning the clutches and adding a Howard's spring, studding the old rip saw (6,800km still looks great) with 144 double backers and painting the windscreen and gray side panes black with new decals. Any other suggestions, traction is what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
x2! bang on correct, my s module is bent also, my sleds torn down to the motor now, just need some cash for the mod and a track, cannot wait!

cheers man, best of luck
Thanks man you to, it's going to be interesting. Just curious how bad was your's bent and where did you spot the bend/crack in the S module? You run mostly trails up there, what track are you going with? I'll be sledding through North Bay this winter I have family in New Liskeard.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks man you to, it's going to be interesting. Just curious how bad was your's bent and where did you spot the bend/crack in the S module? You run mostly trails up there, what track are you going with? I'll be sledding through North Bay this winter I have family in New Liskeard.
well on my PTO side the lower a arm on the back side is within 3 mm of the shock, so it needs to come off, i havnt gotten a chance to take my skid plate off yet to take off the a arms, but soon, ill msg you everything i find out!

im upgrading to a 1.75x120 ripsaw. not sure yet i am thinking about switching my drives over to 2.52" so i can run the multi ply tracks rather then the single ply but im not sure yet.

i usually tend to hunt for the deep white stuff when i ride, but i do ride everything. dont hesitiate to drop a line next season, we can go rip for sure! cheers man,

ps, what did your braces cost you? also if you search through my topics you will see some pics, i also snapped my rear member. just search rear member for that one haha.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
it seems alot of people here dont have insurance? i know the cost is different state to state but seems like alot of 10k sled are running a big risk

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd also check the front member support that runs up to your steering post (small tabs by the post crack and break off), the shock shaft, the welds on the a-arms and the lower suspension support... could possibly be bent or cracked there also if you hit something hard enough with the ski to bend the rest...

Another good way to check and see if the front end is straight is to take a tape and measure from the center of the ball joint on the end of the a-arm back to the rear mount bolt on your skid on both sides, should let you know which side is tweaked..

just my couple thoughts...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi all summers here and time to fix the sled. I've done a tone of research on replacement of the S & E Module however I would like your opinions.

I just purchased GnR upper & lower a-arm braces and tunnel brace. The issue is do I just add them or fix what is slightly bent first. Sitting on the sled looking down at the left upper and lower a-arm alignment I see that the upper is maybe 1/2" further forward than the bottom, this is closer to the spindle side. The shock is not in contact with the a-arms however it's roughly 1/4" to 3/8" closer to the upper a-arm than the right side which is perfectly center. When squaring the ski's up with the garage door the left ski is about 1" to 1 1/2" shorter than the right. I haven't noticed any difference in handling at all it's still great.

Is this the S module or E, what is the best way to determine it? Will the Gnr braces still line up and be effective?

Thanks for any input guys
I have the same problem buddy and I'm wanting to fix it but a little worried about the cost.....money is a little tight right now with the new sled payments and bills.....so let me know where you went for parts and the cost!!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
My wife tagged something with her 09 500SS GSX and messed up the left front end pretty good.
The ski was about 3" back and I could see damage to the Front Suspension Support. Once I disassembled the front end, we discovered we had to replace the S-Module, Upper Arm & the Shock.

The total cost for components, including all required flanged bolts and rivots was $440 plus tax. Purchased the parts though our dealer with a 10% discount and no shipping charges. Used the Ski-Doo.com website Online Store Part catalog to help detail what parts we needed to replace. The overall project, including disassembly, took about 20 hours over about four days. Can be done much quicker, but this was the first sled I've taken apart so I took my time.

- Look at it, Drink a beer, Think about it, Drink a beer, Do something, Drink a beer, Repeat process until complete.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Drinkware Automotive design

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts