Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ski-doo "Down Filled for Extreme Cold" gloves (made in China) are total garbage. Bought new, used once and never again.

The internal liner pulls away from the fingers and thumb when you remove the gloves and takes litterally takes MINUTES to get repositioned correctly. If your hands are completely dry, no problem removing the gloves. The slightest sweat or moisture though and your screwed.

Buyer beware.
Outerwear Glove Safety glove Grey Font

·
Registered
'14 Summit SP 600 '21 Expedition Sport 600 EFI
3,902 Posts
So get different gloves.

Hestra is one maker of good gloves. European made. Removable, quality liners. Defiantly not the cheapest around, but as they say, you often get what you pay for.

·
Super Moderator
30,278 Posts
No doubt some (most!) gloves suck. You really need to be careful when you're buying them.
I bought a set of Doo leather gloves last winter for the really cold days, so far they've been excellent.

·
Premium Member
2020 MXZ 850 TNT 2022 MXZ 850 TNT
22 Posts
I have lots of winter gloves as a long-time skier. If you want Gore-Tex and a reasonable price, the REI switchback or Klim Klimate Gauntlet is hard to beat at $90. Dakine Excursion is warmer than those and uses Gore-Tex with a leather palm for $105. I'm a big fan of Outdoor Research, Hestra, Black Diamond, and Marmot, but they will be more money.

When it goes down to single digits or lower my go-to is a 3 finger glove from Black Diamond.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hmmmmm....I had a pair of cabelas gloves that I really liked but I bought a set of doo gloves off a guy I ride with so far I really like em.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have lots of winter gloves as a long-time skier. If you want Gore-Tex and a reasonable price, the REI switchback or Klim Klimate Gauntlet is hard to beat at $90. Dakine Excursion is warmer than those and uses Gore-Tex with a leather palm for $105. I'm a big fan of Outdoor Research, Hestra, Black Diamond, and Marmot, but they will be more money.

When it goes down to single digits or lower my go-to is a 3 finger glove from Black Diamond.

Yep! I have tried MANY different gloves and my go to brand as of now is Black Diamond. I have a thin pair, Soloist 5 finger pair, and a pair of mittens. My fingers have never gotten cold in the mittens in some serious cold weather.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Marmot Radonee ! they're actually a ski glove. we've had 4 pair in our group, you'll wear them out before they tear/come unsewn. It's never happened. the ones I use now are probably 15 years old. Good Luck !

·
Registered
10,135 Posts
When my Ski-Doo gloves wore out I found a pair of old Arctic Cat gloves from 1997 in the basement. When I noticed the words " Gore Tex " on them I said heck yeah, been riding with them for probably 6 or 7 years now.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts

Those look similar to the army issue mittens those work good on cold days

real PITA when the lining pulls out of gloves. Can never get them quite back in right

·
Registered
938 Posts
got a pair of heated glove BRP color matching ( yellow and black ) for 80.00 at COSTCO . three heat setting and went ridding today...-28 and did a great job I M O . ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I wear Backcountry 509 with gauntlets. I hate the really warm gloves because they are so bulky. It was -22 below last week and I was toasty.

Plus you don't have to freeze your hands off filli g up with gas. Worst thing ever.

I know they are ugly but my hands are warm.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
9,536 Posts
Ski-doo "Down Filled for Extreme Cold" gloves (made in China) are total garbage. Bought new, used once and never again.

The internal liner pulls away from the fingers and thumb when you remove the gloves and takes litterally takes MINUTES to get repositioned correctly. If your hands are completely dry, no problem removing the gloves. The slightest sweat or moisture though and your screwed.

Buyer beware.
View attachment 1986330
where did you buy those gloves? and were they advertised as the absolute 0 gloves?

only asking because i bought a pair this year that look different. maybe doo just changed the look this year? anyway so far im happy with over 900 miles wearing the absolute 0 gloves (jacket and highpants also) i will say they are a stiff glove and harder to navigate buttons at first but they are a little better now. and i know what you mean about the liner inside somewhat. had a bit of a hard time getting one glove on the first say or 2 but now that im aware they can pull out of the fingers i am a little more careful when removing and hasnt happened again. by far the warmest glove ive owned. i knew they were going to be stiff when i ordered them but to me a fair trade off for the warmth as i ride in very cold temps often.

Reactions: Z7*

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
where did you buy those gloves? and were they advertised as the absolute 0 gloves?

only asking because i bought a pair this year that look different. maybe doo just changed the look this year? anyway so far im happy with over 900 miles wearing the absolute 0 gloves (jacket and highpants also) i will say they are a stiff glove and harder to navigate buttons at first but they are a little better now. and i know what you mean about the liner inside somewhat. had a bit of a hard time getting one glove on the first say or 2 but now that im aware they can pull out of the fingers i am a little more careful when removing and hasnt happened again. by far the warmest glove ive owned. i knew they were going to be stiff when i ordered them but to me a fair trade off for the warmth as i ride in very cold

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
That stinks! I'm sorry OP. Gloves are so difficult to get dialed in. I've been using the Doo muffs and grip gloves or my Klim Togowotee with no liner. I take my gloves off a lot Doo to taking photos with a real camera. My friend just bought the Absolute 0 I'm going to give him a heads up.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts