Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been many threads about work that can be done to the 2005 Mach Z's inlcuding high compression heads and porting yet we have had not heard of anyone who has tried any of these to say yes it definetly works and is worth the money.

I know many do not want their buddies to know if they did this work but certainly someone must have come against a trail sled that goes much better than theirs. I am not talking about a stocker versus a clutched sled or a trail studded sled versus a pciked or chiseled sled I am talking about a clutched and working good trail Mach Z losing to another one handily.

I for one have yet to see one or race one that is anymroe impressive than what i have so either I have not run into one or they do not work as advertised. Which one is it???

Anyone

Spike

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on. From the lack of response it would appear there is no good press on porting or heads or is it still to early. I know the heads just became available so that i sunderstandable but the porting jobs by various shops have been out for a while. No one run into one that is that much faster than the others.................so I guess it doesn't work???

Spike

·
Registered
60 Posts
TheGhost said:
Hahah keep thinking that. Its not IF they work its when you come across one that is ported you won't just wonder if its clutched better. Your gonna get killed so hard you'll know its ported. Put it this way guys with clutch kits all similar gains right? Accelleration most claiming 6+ lengths. Well take that clutched sled and put a goot 8+ lengths on it and you have a ported one. BTW I don't mean in any distance either take 1/4 mile the ported one is just GONE and pulling away.
[snapback]303704[/snapback]​
Ghost, Who has proven their porting techniques on the 05 engine. I think I saw straightline and maybe The Crank Shop offering porting. Who knows what they are doing and who is in Michigan? I was going to order a set of Domes from Cudney...how does that mod compare to porting?

·
Registered
112 Posts
BlueMax said:
Bondi is claiming they have a porting package that adds 15 HP to a Mach Z. There stock machine had 164 HP and 179 HP after porting. They also claim that no modifications are required to the ECU program.

Bondi 905-727-4057
[snapback]303818[/snapback]​
Does the ghost work at bondi or does he just get his work done there? I spoke wiht htem today and its their stage 2 kit that has the porting. 164 -165 stock, 5 hp for the pluged decomp plugs and another 8-9hp for the porting. I think that is what they told me on the phone. Of coarse stage 1 is the clutch kit and the decomp plugs.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ghost - I am starting to beleive you work for Chris but guys I know that know him very well are not aware of you.....Jamie.........right. If I am correct about who you are and where you live you live just across the Lake from me.

Being so close to Bondis shop I figured I would have seen one of these really fast sleds on the lake and so far as I stated before I have yet to run into or hear of one that is any better than the Howards set up I got in mine.

I am very interested in getting the porting done but until it is proven to me as you say I will not invest. I have been the guiney pig many times before and this will not happen on my high priced warranty first year sled.

We got a mile long track plowed in Cooks Bay so tell one of these fast guys to pay us a visit on the weekend so myself and others can see and get our orders in.

Spike

·
Registered
172 Posts
SPIKE I WILL LET YA KNOW HOW IT WORKS I JUST GOT BACK FROM A 9 DAY RIDE AND WAYNE CALLED ME WANTING MY SLED TO PLAY WITH.SPIKE CALL ME
1800-461-9562 I HAVE ANOTHER SET UP U MIGHT WANT TO KNOW

·
Registered
149 Posts
TheGhost said:
Porting = more efficient moving more air = sensors seeing more air movement = changes to program.

Ported sleds almost always require more main jet why they move more air. Same with the Mach move more air make more power. The ECU just has enough give to allow this.
[snapback]304667[/snapback]​
i did not know the mach had a mass airflow meter-is that how it measures airflow?

·
Registered
149 Posts
BlueMax said:
The Mach Z has a air pressure sensor in the silencer portion of the air intake. The air pressure sensor is in an open chamber so I do not know how it can measure air flow. The Mach Z ECU system is not a closed loop system where it measures air flow and oxygen as most car fuel injection systems. That is my question how does the Mach Z know that there is increased air flow due to the port work that is done. I think they are set up rich enough that when you lean them out by porting you create more horsepower.
[snapback]304720[/snapback]​
ahhh,as i thought
this must be why my piston wash/plug color is perfect after putting on my silencer huh?

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TheGhost said:
I don't work there just get stuff done there for the record. You should have seen a few of em run by now in your area. We were out on simcoe the other night. Dent Kind/ Phil Hammer Myself and a couple others were. I don't ride in your area much at all so I'm not usually around till somone wants to go out. You probably know Tom Graham as well. There are lots of guys with em done right now but mostly US guys. Chris had done 9 when I talked to him the other day and a few more still on the bench to be done. Most times its guys that got it done and their buddies "needing" it after.

I think you Spike and Stone were racing one on the weekend that was pulling you guys right?
[snapback]304407[/snapback]​
Ghost

Interesting suggstions you have given. Know Dent King - Richie - never ran him yet but know guys that did and while they felt he had good acceleration very little difference on top. Tom's was apparently out Sunday and only ran 112. I never ran on the gun as I was at the SnowCross but Stones ran 119 and mine and his are very close. The most interesting thing you comment on is the sled that we raced. I will say it was quicker but I think you are misinfomred as to why it was quicker. The reason for that came from help from others that I know. This I know for a fact. Oh well hoepfully one day I can see a ported sled run me so I can see the huge difference you speak of. Till then I am extremely happy with my Howards set up as it rocks and once I do what is done to the other sled look out. Maybe a set of crank Shop twins is also in order.

Spike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts