Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding with a friend yesterday and his sled (2004 600HO GSX) got between 9 and 10 MPG. I know these things should get 12mpg ,because I had a 2003 600HO and that is what I got . When I drove it yesterday it felt as if the gas was puddlling in the base at low rpm.

This is what we've tryed so far .015 needle shim (half stock thickness)
fuel screw truned in to 1 turn .

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
tnt said:
Went riding with a friend yesterday and his sled (2004 600HO GSX) got between 9 and 10 MPG. I know these things should get 12mpg ,because I had a 2003 600HO and that is what I got . When I drove it yesterday it felt as if the gas was puddlling in the base at low rpm.

This is what we've tryed so far .015 needle shim (half stock thickness)
fuel screw truned in to 1 turn .

Any suggestions?
[snapback]289568[/snapback]​
same sled,same problem. i had no performance problems,no stalling,no starting problems,found gap between reed and cage and bad rings

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a '04 600 HO Adren. Everything is stock except ski's and studs.
3000+/- miles on the sled, new rings at 2000 miles. Have never fouled a plug.

My last two fill ups I got terrible gas mileage:

87 hard miles on groomed trails - it took 9.6 gallons = 9.06 mpg

The following day we did 83 hard miles on some groomed trails and some ungroomed with 6"-8" of new powder - 9.9 gallons = 8.38 mpg

I was lucky to make it to a gas station.

What gives ??? anybody with suggestions?

·
Registered
753 Posts
had same prob. puuled reeds found 3 reed peddles on 1 reed and 4 peddles on other to be sitting up off the base.I was lucky to get 120 klms to tank,now with new reeds i get about 200 kms to tank.I wonder if doo had a prob. with this cause new reeds where back ordered for 3 frikkin wks.So this might be something to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts