Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a poolaris and i took it off the trailer sitting all summ and the ski and bars wont turn is becasue i need to grease up the shaft
or is something else and i ceck all the tie rod ends and the move when i turn the with my fingers any body know what the deel is

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
Sounds like you need to brake it loose somehow. Maybe a swift kick to the ski tips. Then take and grease up the whole system and work it back and forth trying to get the grease worked in. Should do it, one of my friends had that problem but the sled sat for a few years.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Had the same problem with my old mans 91 Indy Lite 340 this winter ... steering was seazed REALLY bad. Had to take the steering shaft right out and take a torch to it to get it to break free. The bottom end of the shaft has a collar on the bottom which bolts to the frame. Had to tilt the engine to get at the bolts to remove them. The collar was about 6 inches long if I remember correctly. I'm guessing at one time it had a grease nipple on it but it was missing and probably hadn't seen a grease gun in 10 years. That would be the first place I would check if I were you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts