Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Robin got a phone call yesterday inviting him to a Derby........
However the phone was handed to me and our friend asked me if Robin could come out and Play...... I said Fine whatever........
Not like I would want to go out or anything.
SO ANyways I handed the phone back then Robin said....... Ill call you back Maybe Andria wants to go. Atta Boy Robin. I did want to go. I had never been in Poker Derby so I was pretty excited.
Well we got a babysitter worked out had to be to the meeting spot in an hour.......
Robin comes in with his clutch....... its in my sink IM like........ uhhh Is this going to take long?
Then he had to put his carbides back in as well....... then we had to go get gas....... then get to the derby......

At the Home point....... We are about to leave I go to start my sled...... Guess my footing was bad cause I somehow managed to have my back arched over my seat and there was no getting it back I slid down the seat down the running board and to to ground bad thing was there were alot of people around to see it happen. Yes they laughed.... Yes I laughed.... But then we took off fast...... Muttering the whole way........ Idiot. Idiot......

SO yeah we were a bit late but not much.
The derby was lots of fun. We were a bit earlier then others so the trails werent beat real bad yet. They werent great but they werent bad either. We finished in about an hour and a half 51ish miles I think I was told. And we stopped once for a snack.

And guess what out of the whole day............

I didnt win a thing

Was still fun though.
It was our first poker derby and I think we plan on doing more!

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
Glad you had fun!
I didn't win anything either yesterday but it was a great trail.
Now the big question............ are you sore today?

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Im not sore at all. Im really glad about that.
We rode around after spent the day riding the derby didnt take us long so we decided to ride more. The guys were doing jumps we found a couple of nice places. We decided to stop after one of our friends hit it bad coming off and went side ways. Hit his helmet to his glove hard I thought he hit it on the bars but he managed to scuff his hand through the leather gloves. He also twisted his leg. So that was a sign it was time to stop. He was ok after we all sat around for a bit. Got some cool pictures on the cell phones..... We always forget our digi cams when we go.

Havent talked to him yet today so hopefully he is ok today. Robins not sore. Dont think Robert is either and I know Im not so Im going to call it a successful poker Derby

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH
UPDATE

I juest checked my home messages and as it turns out My Name was Drawn From the Womens Box and we got a 25 Dollar Gift Certificate to the Co-Op........ Yay we came out 5 bucks ahead of what we spent

I WON I WON!!!!!!!!

·
2,311 Posts
Congratulations!
I guess I was the only loser yesterday. LOL

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found out the friend who hurt himself while playing yesterday got a call a few mins ago saying he came in third with a Flush......... 150 bucks in his pocket too!!!!!!!!

Which derby were you in yesterday?!

·
2,311 Posts
I ran the Oakburn Game and Fish derby out of Olha.
About a 60 mile trail but I ended up with almost 80.
A good day but my neck is a little sore today.
As for your friend, 150 bucks can make a lot of pain go away. LOL
Where did you ride?

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We were in the Gainsborough one. We ran a total of approx 125miles yesterday.
And he said the money made him feel better lol

·
2,311 Posts
Here's the only pic I took on the trail.
I sometimes wonder why I even carry the camera.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts