Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've found that on new sleds some dealers will set the oil pump on the rich side during initial break in. When the sled comes in for the 150 check up the generally recheck and set the oil pump to maintenance manual specs.
If in doubt, recheck the oil pump cable. A little time spent now may be worth a motor later.
On the 600HO the oil pump setting is 18mm. I have mine set to this and my plugs are brown, with some black. I would rather be on the richer side than lean.

·
Registered
163 Posts
brax4x4 said:
I've found that on new sleds some dealers will set the oil pump on the rich side during initial break in. When the sled comes in for the 150 check up the generally recheck and set the oil pump to maintenance manual specs.
If in doubt, recheck the oil pump cable. A little time spent now may be worth a motor later.
On the 600HO the oil pump setting is 18mm. I have mine set to this and my plugs are brown, with some black. I would rather be on the richer side than lean.
[snapback]284222[/snapback]​
where do i look for this 18mm setting and how can i adjust it to that. (obviously im not a mechanic). any pictures would be great?!?!?! mine currentyl are black with a little shine (damp not wet). all advise is welcome
thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rev49601 said:
brax4x4 said:
[snapback]284222[/snapback]​
where do i look for this 18mm setting and how can i adjust it to that. (obviously im not a mechanic). any pictures would be great?!?!?! mine currentyl are black with a little shine (damp not wet). all advise is welcome
thanks

[snapback]284259[/snapback]​
Do a search on this site for oilpump adjustment you should find pics and advice.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I have an SDI and the plugs have never been brown. I've never fouled a plug, get great gas milage and run Blue Marble at 50:1 and my plugs are greyish and wet looking. I have a buddy with a 583 that the plugs always burned tan color on Doo oil, now greyish and wet on Blue Marble.???

·
Ex Racer relegated to Mechanic
3,814 Posts
Whenever I pull mine, they are a very light-light brown, almost white. But then I change them after every weekend of racing!!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Adirondack said:
anything but white. brown is ideal obviously, but just make sure if they ever go white you get your mixture adjusted. don't want a meltdown

[snapback]286168[/snapback]​
The only proper plug check is WOT,hit kill switch and pull plugs
this will tell too rich or too lean,You want to see light brown.

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
A little on the dark side 05 PTEK. Not black...but not brown. Blown. OH CRAP, is that a sign? lol

·
Registered
686 Posts
My plugs have been white all year and have been run WFO for a mile or more at a time in -5 temps many times. I read the electrode not the porcelain, if you are using Blue Marble oil it will be hard to get any color at all.

·
Registered
862 Posts
mach-zzz said:
Adirondack said:
anything but white. brown is ideal obviously, but just make sure if they ever go white you get your mixture adjusted. don't want a meltdown

[snapback]286168[/snapback]​
The only proper plug check is WOT,hit kill switch and pull plugs
this will tell too rich or too lean,You want to see light brown.
[snapback]286837[/snapback]​
I did not know that you had to check them after doing that, I always just yanked mine and took a look, thanks for the tip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.