Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running a 40:1 and I even tries 50:1 ratio on my fuel, the left plug will look good, but the right plug will be super wet like its running to rich on that cylinder. It only have one carb. What else would cause this? By the way its a 500 cc Rotax engine thats been rebuilt.

·
Registered
66 Posts
sounds like my sled. mine is only running on 1 cylinder, so maybe yours is too. check the plugs, coils, and if that isnt the problem them maybe the points. thats what im checking.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Chances are you both have chaffed wiring in your ignition system. Check all your wires. The wires that go to the Magneto are prone to chaffing if they are not in the right place. My citation 4500 was missing on one cylinder and it was point wires rubbing on the crank shaft.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's exactly what happened to my Citation as well: Wire rubbing on crankshaft caused ignition failure on one cylinder. Also check your compression if all else fails.

·
Registered
11 Posts
check your crankcase seals, one cyl could be drawing air from outside, leaning it out for nice color, other could be getting full blast of fuel

·
Registered
66 Posts
snowhound said:
That's exactly what happened to my Citation as well: Wire rubbing on crankshaft caused ignition failure on one cylinder. Also check your compression if all else fails.
[snapback]298421[/snapback]​
but when i take the plugs out and pull it over they both have good spark.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i think i have exact same sled as you, jhtrain, a 1980 everest 500?
make sure plug gaps are right (.016) and you have the right plugs B8ES
i had one cylinder going rich once cause gap was to big and that plug wasnt firing enough

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
everest500 said:
i think i have exact same sled as you, jhtrain, a 1980 everest 500?
make sure plug gaps are right (.016) and you have the right plugs B8ES
i had one cylinder going rich once cause gap was to big and that plug wasnt firing enough
[snapback]308753[/snapback]​
Thanks, thats what i needed to know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts