Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode 60 miles tonight, ate 4 plugs, not good. If I stopped and let it idle for more than 10 seconds, it ate the PTO side plug every time. Would start to idle fine and then seemed to load up and smoke alot, then rpms drop to 1500 and it eats the plug. Dealer said BRP is covering plugs, but this is gonna get old fast. Sled has 190 miles on it now, and about 6 hours. Did they write the break-in program backwards or something on the PTO side? Only ate 2 plugs , both at cold starts before my 3.5-4hrs was up. I'm not familiar with how the TPS works on the SDI's, same as a car? .5 volts or so at idle then 5 volts WOT? Some of you guys have reported getting your TPS changed from 4.6 or so to like 4.85. Is this in degrees of throttle butterfly opening or a voltage reading? Does the TPS have slotted mouting holes to allow adjustment? If Doo can't help by next weekend, I'm gonna start playing with it myself. I'll start by rolling back the TPS idle voltage to make it think the throttle is closed more than it is and therefor give less fuel, and maybe raise the throttlebody idle setting about 200rpm? Just a thought.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
tzpetri said:
Rode 60 miles tonight, ate 4 plugs, not good. If I stopped and let it idle for more than 10 seconds, it ate the PTO side plug every time. Would start to idle fine and then seemed to load up and smoke alot, then rpms drop to 1500 and it eats the plug. Dealer said BRP is covering plugs, but this is gonna get old fast. Sled has 190 miles on it now, and about 6 hours. Did they write the break-in program backwards or something on the PTO side? Only ate 2 plugs , both at cold starts before my 3.5-4hrs was up. I'm not familiar with how the TPS works on the SDI's, same as a car? .5 volts or so at idle then 5 volts WOT? Some of you guys have reported getting your TPS changed from 4.6 or so to like 4.85. Is this in degrees of throttle butterfly opening or a voltage reading? Does the TPS have slotted mouting holes to allow adjustment? If Doo can't help by next weekend, I'm gonna start playing with it myself. I'll start by rolling back the TPS idle voltage to make it think the throttle is closed more than it is and therefor give less fuel, and maybe raise the throttlebody idle setting about 200rpm? Just a thought.....
[snapback]258435[/snapback]​

·
Registered
877 Posts
Keep in mind that it's not just BRP. This problem involves the whole integrated package, including Rotax, Siemens, and others. Every tidbit of info goes around the world twice before it's considered relevant, real, and part of the root cause.

ANOTHER REASON TO GET THE INFO TO YOUR DEALER AND HAVE THEM ROLL IT UP TO BRP!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts