Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the rear end just goes down and shoots right back up, with almost 5,00 miles on the sled, I NEED new shocks.

I am 5'7" 185 and ride like a madman, I love to jump, and I can jump my sled or anyone elses sled right into the ground but I don't because I don't want to break my stuff and not be able to ride, so I usually do about 325 miles a weekend up in NH and Maine. I have an 04 with the Adrenaline shocks which are not rebuildable and want to get rebuildables. Am I right in that HPG and the HPG X shocks are really the only economical way to get a rebuildable for the SC-10-III rear shocks? My dealer said I'm looking at around $250 apiece for rebuildables and another 1.5 hours of labor, around $130 to put them in, any opinion will be valued and appreciated.

Thank you,

Love REV.

·
Registered
541 Posts
[quote name='cr500r' date='Feb 15 2005, 10:04 AM']
so the rear end just goes down and shoots right back up, with almost 5,00 miles on the sled, I NEED new shocks.

I am 5'7" 185 and ride like a madman, I love to jump, and I can jump my sled or anyone elses sled right into the ground but I don't because I don't want to break my stuff and not be able to ride, so I usually do about 325 miles a weekend up in NH and Maine. I have an 04 with the Adrenaline shocks which are not rebuildable and want to get rebuildables. Am I right in that HPG and the HPG X shocks are really the only economical way to get a rebuildable for the SC-10-III rear shocks? My dealer said I'm looking at around $250 apiece for rebuildables and another 1.5 hours of labor, around $130 to put them in, any opinion will be valued and appreciated.

are you sure your shock is gone??? all sleds act funny from time to time with regaurds to rear shock action. i checked into rear shocks for my gsx for future upgrade and the best option i found was the c-36 shocks out of any X-package will fit the sc-III suspension. they are fully adjustable damping compression too. there was a post about three weeks ago on here in regaurds to shocks that printed a full shock chart and prices in the post. doo a search and you'lll find it madman....next time buy a mxzx or a blair morgan!!
if you can't find the posted prices chart e-mail me and i'l scan it in again...suess...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My shocks are very spent, consider, I've put almost 5,000 miles on this one sled since last December of 2003, riding all sorts of bumped up and groomed trail. I've viewed every post on rear shocks and what with shock shaft speed and oil heatup breaking down the oil and the Adrenaline shock being non-rebuildable in the first place, the ride I have now is nowhere the ride I had even at 2,400 miles. For a comparison, I rode my buddies new/500-1,000 mile, 05 Adrenaline and his just rode way, way smoother in the rear end.

I will take your advice and price up a C-36 rear shock as I absolutely love the idea of adjustable comp/rebound as I ride a CR500R in the offseason and know what the adjustments do and have been lacking them since having the non-rebuildable/adjustable shocks on this Adr. I did see the prices on the Hygear post which someone had put up for me, I would just like to hear what others would recommend and what they have tried and what works good. For example, if I hear that the C-36 is a "great shock," from more than one person then I'd go with it instead of getting a list of shocks and prices and guessing at which one might be the best. For example, is paying more for the HPG-X worth it?

·
Registered
541 Posts
cr500r said:
My shocks are very spent, consider, I've put almost 5,000 miles on this one sled since last December of 2003, riding all sorts of bumped up and groomed trail. I've viewed every post on rear shocks and what with shock shaft speed and oil heatup breaking down the oil and the Adrenaline shock being non-rebuildable in the first place, the ride I have now is nowhere the ride I had even at 2,400 miles. For a comparison, I rode my buddies new/500-1,000 mile, 05 Adrenaline and his just rode way, way smoother in the rear end.

I will take your advice and price up a C-36 rear shock as I absolutely love the idea of adjustable comp/rebound as I ride a CR500R in the offseason and know what the adjustments do and have been lacking them since having the non-rebuildable/adjustable shocks on this Adr. I did see the prices on the Hygear post which someone had put up for me, I would just like to hear what others would recommend and what they have tried and what works good. For example, if I hear that the C-36 is a "great shock," from more than one person then I'd go with it instead of getting a list of shocks and prices and guessing at which one might be the best. For example, is paying more for the HPG-X worth it?
[snapback]314167[/snapback]​
your original post reads as 500 miles not 5000 miles.!! i have over 5000 miles on my GSX also and i thought my rear shock was gone earlier this season but it was just acting funny. it is fine and i will buy c-36 shocks next season for the rear. good luck to you too!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Cr i have a lot of experience with dirtbike suspension, as far as adjusting goes. I don't think you'll get anything w/rebound adjusting unless you go high dollar. Most are just compression adjusting. I've been keeping an eye open for whats out there as i plan to do all new shock on my sled over the summer. I'm of the opionon that no matter what you get you will still have to get it re-valved to really get it sweet. As i see it you can look for used 03 shock (they can be rebuilt) and send them to high gear for valving. you can get some used X shocks and send those out for valving. You can maybe get some used sno x shocks from a racer upgrading or selling out and get those valved. Or bite the bullet and send hygear a check for all new ones. When buying used keep in mind what it will cost to get them serviced and valved. Than look at hygears prices. you might find it makes sense to just go new. What you really want is that full ohlins kit for $1900!!

Hey i just notice the header says rear shock. At 5000 miles you need new shocks all around. your fronts are as toasted as your backs.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ohlin offers shocks for the rev with compresion and rebound adjustment. Works performance also offers shocks with several options for the rev. Fox is due to have some shocks for the rev by next season according to fox. The fox floats are already available for the front skis on the rev.
I'am looking to buy new shocks for my 04 Gade adrenaline and I don't think I willl give BRP any more money for this sled.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Watch ebay they usually have shocks for auction at good deals.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Whatever you Do, don't use a c-46 rear shock..........They are THE ONLY ski-doo shock tat I ever have problems with.....By the way.....a front shock can be used as a rear shock with slight eyelet modification.

I highly recomend used ski-doo units, from a 02 or newer will fit right in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts