Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone please help!! my sled as been getting fixed for about a month tonight was finaly the time i got to take it home! the guy who fixed it really know his race sleds and has had 2 07 440 same as mine.. i bought my sled out of brandon manitoba, was told it was a 2007 rev 440, it was raced but trail converted... that was a lie it had race heads and the hole 9 yards... it has a crack in the bulk head.. and had race heads... everythng needed for racing.. i got f**** over.. really sucks.. as ive always wanted a 440 but back to my point , as i got my sled out of the truck and started it it idles really good!!! but once i give her gas it dosnt move and just crackles... my lights dont work nore does my tack... the guyt i have working on it his kid thinks the sled may have been sunk.. please someone help me!! i have finaly got a 440 and its the shits :sad_old: if you know anything or know how to fix it please help me!!!!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
What do you mean it crackles?

Here's just a quick piece of advice and please don't take it the wrong way. But race sleds are somewhat finicky and you need to either learn about how they work so you can do all the work yourself. Or you have to pay someone to work on it.

If I were you, I would give it right back to the guy that's fixing it for you and show him the problem. If you can't work on it yourself, tell him that you don't want it back until it runs and drives correctly. My guess is that you have a carburetor issue...anyone that's owned and wrenched on a race sled should at least be able to get it running and driving. Otherwise find a new mechanic!

Are the low comp domes installed now? What fuel are you running? Has your buddy rejetted the sled to run properly with the low comp domes?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you mean it crackles?

Here's just a quick piece of advice and please don't take it the wrong way. But race sleds are somewhat finicky and you need to either learn about how they work so you can do all the work yourself. Or you have to pay someone to work on it.

If I were you, I would give it right back to the guy that's fixing it for you and show him the problem. If you can't work on it yourself, tell him that you don't want it back until it runs and drives correctly. My guess is that you have a carburetor issue...anyone that's owned and wrenched on a race sled should at least be able to get it running and driving. Otherwise find a new mechanic!

Are the low comp domes installed now? What fuel are you running? Has your buddy rejetted the sled to run properly with the low comp domes?
im running 330 main jet, trail needles, trail clutch weights, i know most my stuff about the 440! and once you hit 5000 rpm it losses power

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the tether connected, lmao Idk I've seen people that just got there rev and the tethers have to be wiggled or it won't go anywhere
thats what i thought to but wheni tried wiggling it it still ran like crap

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
could it be my timing?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What rpm is it idling at?
it idles between 1500 and 2000 no problems at idle but once i hit 5000 my sled has no power... the track will spin but my rpm will just make it to 6000..

·
Registered
112 Posts
My 03 440 is doing the same but I have the wrong clutches on it. Got a new set coming for it so hopefully that will fix my rpm issue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My 03 440 is doing the same but I have the wrong clutches on it. Got a new set coming for it so hopefully that will fix my rpm issue.
thats what im starting to thik it is! i checked my reeds and ex valves and both are good, ill take my clutching apart soon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, the clutching would be my first suspect. Hows the belt hight in your secondary? What belt are you using? And have you had a chance to do a compression check yet? Just want to rule out other possibilitys....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ok a couple things first off check for compression 1oopsi minimum. 120 on decent running motor below 90 hard to start or unable to start .If you don't have a gauge pull both plugs,plug hole with finger on one side have a buddy pull over at a decent rate. And then check the other side at the same rate if it is impossible to keep hole covered on both sides and they feel the same start looking at other things. Do this with teather pulled to protect ignition. Also the teather on these sleds don't cause the bog like consumer sleds with the dess chip do. Another thing to check is good plugs and gap 018 on normal compression and 015 tight gap with higher compression
Then fuel pumps on the sleds with pipe pre heat go out often

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, the clutching would be my first suspect. Hows the belt hight in your secondary? What belt are you using? And have you had a chance to do a compression check yet? Just want to rule out other possibilitys....
belt sits perfect!, ski-doo 440 belt, 155 both heads, reeds are in great shape, exhaust valves i just cleaned,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok a couple things first off check for compression 1oopsi minimum. 120 on decent running motor below 90 hard to start or unable to start .If you don't have a gauge pull both plugs,plug hole with finger on one side have a buddy pull over at a decent rate. And then check the other side at the same rate if it is impossible to keep hole covered on both sides and they feel the same start looking at other things. Do this with teather pulled to protect ignition. Also the teather on these sleds don't cause the bog like consumer sleds with the dess chip do. Another thing to check is good plugs and gap 018 on normal compression and 015 tight gap with higher compression
Then fuel pumps on the sleds with pipe pre heat go out often
155 psi both heads, i have br9ecs i think as i looked on brp parts, i have the pre heat pipe unpluged, as it dosnt do anything with it in or not..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts