Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forums, but i had a little accident yesterday.
Hit the left ski on a rock and the sled brought up solid. Got home and noticed my left shock was moved back a bit. Cant figure out what is bent, ive been under it, and tried comparing both sides and cant seem to see the problem. Anyways, think i can still drive it tommorrow? Both shocks still move side to side and i didnt notice anything was wrong when i was driving home. But the shock is deifnately noticably out of position.
What you guys think? I dont want to miss out of the first real dump of powder for the year because of me being stupid.
Thanks Alot.
Mitch

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
Is the nun tweaked a bit maybe?

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
pull the exhaust pipe and the suitcase ,chk the area behind the primary and the suitcase for ripples or bulges in the aluminum.
Rich

Also search on here for pics of damaged tunnels and nuns

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GSX800HO said:
pull the exhaust pipe and the suitcase ,chk the area behind the primary and the suitcase for ripples or bulges in the aluminum.
Rich

Also search on here for pics of damaged tunnels and nuns
[snapback]691096[/snapback]​
Hmm, apparently it is the nun. Well that is what it appears to be. I checked to make sure all the bolts are still in place. Maybe ill get the season out of it. Only a month or so left. Ill ride it tommorrow and see what happens, i dont like the look of the shock being so close to the a arm tho. Not a good feeling.
few guys on other threads said there gunna ride the rest of the season like it.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Just wack it the other way
I say ride it, it is the nun and is a big job. As long as the shock is not rubbing bad on the arm you won't hurt any more, you may need to paint the arm from a small rub. If it moves freely you will only notice a little pull then you will get used to it and all will be fine, like bending handlebars, at first you notice it then it becomes the norm.
Might as well wait, then parts are available and it is warm, you may need more so just tear it down and make a list....fabtech tunnell, M-10 susp, C&A skis, 850 big bore kit, new can, VF 3s, pro tapper bars, 8" riser....see, this could be the best thing that ever happened.
Hey my name is Mitch too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sledhead800 said:
That sucks these rev front ends are so weak! you never heard of this with a trailing arm sled. They need to take a little more of a hit without folding the nun right from a light hit .
[snapback]691186[/snapback]​
Yea, ill ride it tommorrow and see what happens. First bit of snow this year. #*&%in rock weather.
BTW, id have pro tapers and a 5" rise right now if there was a way for me to keep the hand warmer,etc, cluter on the bar..
Thanks for the responses,
Mitch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.