Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the skis on my Formula. Should I go with plastic? Why? Why Not?

If so, is dual carbide the way to go? Precision or Flexx?

Thanks
chef tim

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
plastic over metal? i'd def say plastic. and it depends on what you do for riding..lots of powder or trails? i hate my flex skiis but others love them on different sleds. i heard precisions on my sled are awesome but i also heard precisions on other sleds suck. it depends on where you ride and what you ride. i'm sure someone can help you better. i'm goin with c&a or usi skiis this summer.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Get a good pair of flex skis, like USI or C&A. You'll be amazed at how much better your sled handles, and you might even get some more MPH out of her on top end!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
i know from personal experience my skidoo flex skis dart and push like CRAZY and it's a real effort to ride because they dart so much. tughillterror has pushed me towards the usi or the c&a skis so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
tughillterror said:
Buy those darn things, perfect setup for you. You won't be sorry!

Just be sure to get a few pictures first, some people's definition of "Good Condition" is way different than others.

[snapback]752718[/snapback]​
i def woulda picked em up if they were for my sled. if i were you cheftim i'd DEF pick those up.

·
vintage color spoken here!
1,014 Posts
I have had some hands on experience with the precision, flex, and USI.

The precisions are good on the groomed trail or packed snow, but I would list them as my least favorite in powder.

The flex skis seem better in powder than the precisions, but dart a lot more on groomed trails.

The USI skis really do a nice job in both areas. Darting goes away on the groomed trail, and in powder they are great. The only "complaint" that I might have is the high amount of steering effort required at low speeds in tight corners. Once up to speed it is never an issue.

I am sure C & A's would be very comperable to the USI's.

I have ridden ZX chassis with them on, and a F chassis with the flex. USI's are on their way for the F chassis also

In a nutshell, any of the three will be an improvement over steel ski's. Good Luck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I pulled steel skis off both my sleds. I went with the camoplast one piece skis from dkirk. They are identical to the oem doo skis on 2006 fan motor sleds, and way cheaper
I got another set of camoplast that were oem on some 2001 arctic cat sleds...they were a little longer than the camoplasts from dkirk, and cheaper thanks to ebay.

This is what I noticed. Greatly reduced steering effort at all speeds. Eliminated slight darting issues...but my skis allignment is always right on...I find severe darting is often caused by poor toe adjustment, regardless of what ski you use. The camoplasts are single carbide, center keel skis. I did experience slight push, that I had to correct by snugging up the limiter strap one hole. You might be ok with the extra weight of the 670 motor.
Definately a nice improvement. Worth $200 bucks or so in my opinion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts