Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my son managed to break the plastic handguards that came with the "riser kit" by falling over on them when he hit a bump. In his defense, they didn't feel all that rugged when we installed them, so I figured it was just a matter of time. What do you guys recommend as a replacement, or are they the best? Hate to buy the same things again just to have them break again. There must be something tougher than those ones. If so, what brands and where did you buy them? Thanks...

·
Registered
700 Posts
I would recommend the sporttech one's or the powermadd(rox). I have them both and they work great.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had the powermadd one and I hit a tiny "edit for bad language" branch on the left side and it broke the plastic mount right off the handguard so now I have to get new handguards...they are all just so darn flimsy

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
We took our plastic stock handguards off and replaced them with the sportech chrome ones. They come with sturdy aluminum brackets but the handguards are still flimsy. they keep the air off your knuckles but if i were to brush up against it in the trailer or something it would probably break off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
just get the rox metal brackets to attach them and the problem is eliminated. Mine broke in -8 temps just going across the lake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts