Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I are considering a trip to Alaska this winter. Plan on flying into Anchorage.

Would like a guided trip for a week. We have ridden several weeks in the Western US

but primarily ridden trials and light off trail in Central US. Want to ride in the deep powder

but not extreme or difficult hill climbs. Part of trip could be just riding out of one location

for several days and several days cross country. Another idea would be a 7 day cross country

trip. Either way would need better than average accomidations. Any thought or contacts would

be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Skiseadoo: When planning your trip, I would recommend a visit int the Spring-specifically, the March time frame. The days are longer, the temps a bit warmer, and the snow conditions can be excellent. As far as a guided trip, you might want to try and hook up with some fellow DooTalkers. Be prepared to travel-no matter where you're calling home base. Good riding can be had within 2-3 hours of Anchorage, or just an hour or so from Fairbanks. Swamps, hills, groomed trails are all available. I would suggest looking into the Eureka Lodge/Sheep Mountain Lodge or other lodges along the Glenn Highway corridor North of Anchorage. There are plenty of trails, lakes, hills and a few mountains too, if you want to venture out. You could do much of this on your own with a good GPS. Good marked trail system too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts