Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I was driving home from work today NB on I75. Just before holly road traffic slows and I see lots of fire trucks/etc. Traffic merges to 2 lanes and I'm trying to mind my own business and not be a gawker. I finally look over, and it's a single engine plane wadded up on the guardrail! One wing was gone but the fuselage was still together. I looked on channel 4 website, they said the 2 people on the plane got off without any injuries. Hats off to the pilot. Plane Lands on I-75
A few months ago a guy from work going south on I75 passed a plane that had landed on the expressway. I'm going to start looking up more when I drive...

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Holy crap, good to see everyone was fine!

Whats up with all the airplane related news on that site, kindof scary!!!

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
The pilot and news reported that the plane developed a fuel leak. Eventually the engine stalled and the plane started gliding. Like was said landing on a freeway or any road for that matter is/was a last result. I think the pilot was lucky that I-75 was around to land on.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gotta love michigan, hah. Thats really crazy you saw that, I heard about it and it amazed me. Thats the third time I have heard about this happening in the last 2 months. Crazy pilots, ha just kiddin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts