Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a pivot style riser for the sled...the power madd brand looks to be the one to get...total rise should be 3.25 inches (with pivot adapter) anyone doo this on their older sled with no mods??? got any pics???

·
Who me ?
2,824 Posts
works awesome no complaints here! no cables ext. needed!!

I wonder why no extensions ? I put 2" on my 2000zx and barely had enough cable or wire length.......Did i miss something ?
Would like to go higher but didn't cause i thought i needed extensions

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats the highest I could go with no mods??? I got a '96 MXZ....

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I bought a fly racing pivot adapter for 20 bucks off of Hoppkeracing.com ana i went with the 4 inch fly risers. its on on 01 mxz 500 looks sweet.

·
lay the smack down
2,961 Posts
DooDaddy - not too sure... the only major limiter is the brake line... and i am now at the highest i can go without getting a longer brake line... the throttle was a bit tight so i ran it across my airfilter. You may have to unclip the 2 wireharnesses from the console on the right side. I did this..gives more room for movement..
Might be just the model: sport, adrenline or x. mine is an adrenline.. I know the x has more than mine yet..

Easy and inexpensive way to find out is to undo the bolts for the bars and start with a 2X4 wedge put it inbetween bars and steering post then work up to the max ..making sure you turn the bars each way fully so as not to limit your ability to turn.... or hitting your windshield....

If you go higher than your windshield you may want handguards for added protection from wind and cold weather...

Hope this helps some guys out....

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ski doo guy said:
I bought a fly racing pivot adapter for 20 bucks off of Hoppkeracing.com ana i went with the 4 inch fly risers. its on on 01 mxz 500 looks sweet.
[snapback]315490[/snapback]​
How much did the adapter add alone???(in.) Would PowerMadd riser work with the adapter??? Looks the same...Did the adapter come with hardware???

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will ANY pivot adapter work with ANY pivot style riser???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts