Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was 'chomping at the bit' to try out my 2016 Renegade XRS.

So I took a trip to Pittsburg last week. Rode on Thursday Jan 7th and the conditions were surprisingly good.

I started off from just west of Lake Francis, and it was a bit thin between there and Youngs Store.

But everything north of there (Back Lake North) was excellent.

I'd post some pictures, but can't seem to figure out how to do it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We came back after Sunday's rain. It's bad. Just ice base when we left Monday . They received a few inches but they need more. I wouldn't go there until they get a foot. This next storm coming Saturday will help. Sorry to be the bad news guy but it sucks going all the way there for poor riding conditions.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Be careful posting about bad conditions in the Pittsburg area. I for one appreciate an honest report but there are those with vested interests up there that would prefer you to say nothing at all unless it's positive

·
Registered
441 Posts
Tic your right about that, but i'll give it too ya straight and it's not that great unless you like going back and forth on logging roads or in circles.

·
Registered
665 Posts
So what is the way to let everyone know the conditions? Do we just say that it is not good enough to talk about?

Seems strange to not be honest with each other, as this is not a chamber of commerce Web site. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I rode this past weekend in pittsburg.A little thin in spots but the further north you go the better.My wife and i did a couple hundred miles no problem.Tinged a few rocks here and there and a little icey.Still awesome tho!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
It's good up there, I have friends that have been up since New Years to their camp in Clarksville. You'll want studs but it's good riding overall.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My buddy and I are heading up in the morning to ride Sat/Sun. Can't wait to finally get some time on our new sled's!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Was up there yesterday. Trails were surprisingly really good. A few thin spots as you go south but still really good. Rode Colebrook, Dixville Notch, up to Pitts and back down. Gotta do it again soon with this weather forecast.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had a great time this weekend up there! Trails were awesome, some minor thin spots here and there but nothing to worry about. Can't wait to get back out there

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
At the risk of more personal attacks, I wonder how good it really is compared to an "average" year?.. Johnsweather says the snow depth is just 9.49" To me that sounds like very low snow conditions.. Of course the higher elevations are usually good and have more snow but really? "surprisingly good" "trails were awesome"?... Less than 10" on the ground?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
^ it is good up there. Johns web cam is on first lake which is basically in town. You get up in the mountains you can usually double or triple the snow compared to there. It is still thin in spots but there was a 3" rock hard base that has saved the trails.... overall we still need snow and the weather doesn't look good for next week.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts