Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this topic has been covered before(many times), but I'mooking for some info on different options of pipes and silencers/cans for my 03 Mach Z. I am looking to get rid of my suitcase for a lighter and smaller option. I don't want the loudest sled on the trails but something with a nice tone and maybe a couple extra horses. I have been looking at the Dyno Port 3 into 2 silencer. Will this accommodate the pipes as an afterthought? Also thinking about Crank Shops. Any info would be great. Anyone selling would be even better. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
No aftermarket muffler will outperform the stock suitcase....period. Don't listen to manufacturer claims. BRP hit the nail on the head with the stock muffer, so all you're going to get by changing it is noise and a possible (depending on the can you choose) loss in power.

That being said, I had the Dyno Port trail can on my Millennium, along with their pipes and it sounded really good (think stock, with slightly louder and much "crisper" tone). Not obnoxious at all. Sold them to a member here a few weeks back because I wanted to return the sled to as close to stock as possible before selling it and he's happy as a pig in "edit for bad language" with their sound.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I know this topic has been covered before(many times), but I'mooking for some info on different options of pipes and silencers/cans for my 03 Mach Z. I am looking to get rid of my suitcase for a lighter and smaller option. I don't want the loudest sled on the trails but something with a nice tone and maybe a couple extra horses. I have been looking at the Dyno Port 3 into 2 silencer. Will this accommodate the pipes as an afterthought? Also thinking about Crank Shops. Any info would be great. Anyone selling would be even better. Thanks.
Get 3 Jaws 3" diameter stingers . They sound just a little better than stock , not loud but you can tell its not stock and they free up tons of room . No HP gain , no loss , sled runs exactly the same Radar numbers . I absolutely love mine !!!!
Steve

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Dyno Port fan here!

Nice deep sound, deeper than stock and slightly louder. People ask me what I run pretty often as it seems to be a sound people like. Never get pulled over for noise so it's not too loud either

Fit, finish and quality is excellent

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
I cant for the life of me understand what the big deal is with the {suitcase} muffler as everyone calls it. It gives you the best performance and quiet as it gets for stock. Far as weight, if you could just remove it all together you still wouldn't notice any difference in handling or anything else. If you want lite weight you should have never bought an 800 triple.
I fell for the 3 into 2 Dynoport years back and all it did was ruin my ears before the end of the day and fry the starter cup and chaincase.
I actually melted the pauls in the pull start and boiled the oil in the chain case on a long lake run one time. Jetting was stock.
I know its fun to play and buy stuff for our sleds but this one IMO is a huge waste of hard earned money.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Mine is quite, has no issues and melts nothing...wonder why your caused issues and mine does not....weird..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I realize that it isn't going to make a difference in weight/handling, but it does limit the room to access the chain case. Comparing the weight of the pipes themselves from my 98 F3 600, the Mach already has a huge weight savings there. It would just seem better if the silencer was smaller and nicer sounding. I definately don't want to lose any power or kill my ears. I have never had one on a Mach before so I was just looking for past experiences. The melting issue sounds like quite a horror story. Thanks for all the ideas and input.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Get 3 Jaws 3" diameter stingers . They sound just a little better than stock , not loud but you can tell its not stock and they free up tons of room . No HP gain , no loss , sled runs exactly the same Radar numbers . I absolutely love mine !!!!
Steve
Yes, I am with you Steve.....well almost. Just have not ordered them yet. I have seen pics of yours and they look sweet, just like they belong there.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yes, I am with you Steve.....well almost. Just have not ordered them yet. I have seen pics of yours and they look sweet, just like they belong there.
Thanks man , I get compliments all the time how my sled sounds !! Definately not hard on the ears and no issues with heat at all ??
You are gonna love them !!

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts