Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
I also have a HPS can on my sled, ( 04 800 HO).
It does bark when you really hit the gas but at a constant speed the sound is a nice low rumble.

I got mine from Big John, he's a sponsor of this site.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
HPS - Love it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
buy whatever kind you want and make sure you add a couple hundred $ to the price to pay for all the tickets you'll get seen the law out yesterday in 3 different places with sleds pulled over and hoods all up 125$ a ticket. didn't bother us at all stock exhaust. my 2cents

·
Registered
267 Posts
datrev said:
I am interested in getting an aftermarket pipe or silencer or both. Let's see how u guys are doing with them.
[snapback]736333[/snapback]​
Spend the money on motor work, and the clutch..
How much lighter is than the stock unit..
Remember the tickets for loud exhaust..
See people pulled over quite a bit on the weekends..

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like stock BRP... it has been engineered to give maximum performance while effectively reducing sound. The ceramic fiber insulation and aluminum wrappers keep temperatures in the pipe up at optimum operating temperatures for consistant, as-designed performance. No aftermarket pipe can do all that. As an added bonus, I'm doing my part to promote good land owner relations.

·
Registered
784 Posts
be very carefull when choosing a silencer, I have had both a sno stuff and mbrp and they both are not good for the motor, but they sound good. the sno stuff can messed with the rpms so much that it blew up my motor.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Gade600 said:
be very carefull when choosing a silencer, I have had both a sno stuff and mbrp and they both are not good for the motor, but they sound good. the sno stuff can messed with the rpms so much that it blew up my motor.
[snapback]739985[/snapback]​
What is this guy retarded.........did you oil the bearings in the muffler before installation!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I'm thinking you're retarted......do some research before you spout off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GSX800LTD said:
I like stock BRP... it has been engineered to give maximum performance while effectively reducing sound. The ceramic fiber insulation and aluminum wrappers keep temperatures in the pipe up at optimum operating temperatures for consistant, as-designed performance. No aftermarket pipe can do all that. As an added bonus, I'm doing my part to promote good land owner relations.
[snapback]739978[/snapback]​
I can just leave the stock pipe on and get a silencer. I haven't seen or heard of anybody getting pulled over around my area. I mean have you looked at the stock silencers? They are huge. Maybe I'll take off some weight by adding an aftermarket silencer. It seems like most of the guys getting pulled over are from the eastern part of the U.S.
Just my .03 cents

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.