Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going riding in upper New York state next weekend,

just wanted to make sure I could run a sled with a pipe and can on it legally.

Thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
stiner73 said:

Thanks

[snapback]693450[/snapback]​
If you get stopped you will probably get a ticket

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
HammerRev85 said:
stiner73 said:

Thanks

[snapback]693450[/snapback]​
If you get stopped you will probably get a ticket
[snapback]693496[/snapback]​
Run it!!! Hope the snow holds for you. Was there this past weekend and it is getting thin!!!

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Just take it easy around houses like you should and you might slip by the cops!

Its illegal to run modified exhaust in town here but they will only give you a ticket if your goofing off. i have managed go get by with my loud sleds for years without a problem, thats driving it to work every day for the winter too so its not like i dont ride it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
They will normally sit around a corner of a wide open straight away so when they hear you ripping down the trail W.O.T. they will make you stop and open your hood and if you have anything other than stock they will write you no questions asked. Don't get me wrong I love loud pipes I run one myself just be careful or ride with state troopers like I do!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
stiner73 said:
What aboat just a can ???

[snapback]693514[/snapback]​
pipes in NY any tune pipes will get you a ticket in NY. i had a set of triple crank shops on my formula 3 and got a $77 dollar ticket for having them i wouldn't suggest any pipes on tug hill

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HammerRev85 said:
They will normally sit around a corner of a wide open straight away so when they hear you ripping down the trail W.O.T. they will make you stop and open your hood and if you have anything other than stock they will write you no questions asked. Don't get me wrong I love loud pipes I run one myself just be careful or ride with state troopers like I do!!!

[snapback]693524[/snapback]​
Sounds good man thanks

heading to Tug Hill,hopefully there is snow

If not I quess it will just be a good excuse to go tie one on at Tuggers

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
doorider3 said:
they have snow was up there over the weekend was not bad but there was a sh&% load of sleders
[snapback]693562[/snapback]​
we are thinking aboat going up Thursday mornig ,thinking we can get 1 1/2 good days of riding before we get hammered buy people

THanks Man

·
Registered
184 Posts
I won't worry about getting a ticket.... probably 1 in 5 sleds on the hill has some kind of modified exhaust. Let R Rip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts