Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
|Im doing one more mod this year, either reeds and new carb boots, or a dynoport pipe and can
dont care about the trail closing thing so keep that out of this post please (|i do 90%lake stuff, drags ect)

what is a better power gain?
thanks.
2005 800 pt ho

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Changing up the reeds to V-force will get rid of the poor factory carb boots, that is a good thing. As far as HP i am not sure, but on a stock motor they both claim to add HP.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ski-B said:
Changing up the reeds to V-force will get rid of the poor factory carb boots, that is a good thing. As far as HP i am not sure, but on a stock motor they both claim to add HP.
[snapback]751697[/snapback]​
thats what i was thinking, doo the reeds first that way i wont have the issue with the boots.
i think thats what i will do.

·
Senior Member of the DEWCrew Lounge!
10,816 Posts
noyzee said:
Ski-B said:
[snapback]751697[/snapback]​
thats what i was thinking, doo the reeds first that way i wont have the issue with the boots.
i think thats what i will do.

[snapback]752523[/snapback]​
TELL US HOW THOSE REEDS WORK! I'VE BEEN TOLD THE POWER TEK'S REEDS AND EXHAUST ARE AWSOME OEM MATERIAL THAT WON'T HELP VERY MUCH TO CHANGE OUT FOR THE $ AND THAT CLUTCHING AND HEADS ARE WERE YOU'LL FEEL THE GAINS. OH YA NOS WORKS TOO!
JUST WHAT I WAS TOLD I DON'T KNOW THIS FOR SURE.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Change the reeds, you probably wont notice much if any power increase but its alot more power than youll have when those stock boots rip and you cook your motor!

Clutching is where your going to seperate your shoulders

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the biggest reason for the reeds are the boots. if im doing it i better do it right the first time. you know.
i'll do a pipe/can next year.
i already have the clutch, and it made a big differance!!!!!!!!

·
Senior Member of the DEWCrew Lounge!
10,816 Posts
noyzee said:
the biggest reason for the reeds are the boots. if im doing it i better do it right the first time. you know.
[snapback]752695[/snapback]​
what clutch did you put in in your sled?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SKI-DOO dude said:
noyzee said:
[snapback]752695[/snapback]​
what clutch did you put in in your sled?
[snapback]752765[/snapback]​
epi it works pretty well.
racing my buddy from befor, im about 2-3 sleds faster now from every speed!!
and in the trail it was sweet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts