Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Used to stay at this place a few years back when we sledded around Huntsville area and it was great. They had an awesome restaurant and chef who made amazing food. Always had lots of sledders the weekends i we stayed there and trail access is right there. While I was looking for businesses for sale, I came across this listing as it looks like its up for sale:

http://www.businesssellcanada.com/62205001.htm

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Yea the couple that bought it and updated made it really nice found it to be a lot of work. Not very easy to run. I have stayed there we liked it. It's to bad it worked out great for the wife and I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
Hey Dan, Is the old Gryiffin Lodge still there, stayed there years ago, it was a class place back then.
well its there, but not even sure that has been open for awhile? Ironic cause i can see it from my front window and deck here as Im directly across Mary Lake from them.

Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sunday was actually not too bad because the snow was still soft so cooling was good. There were some wet spots in the swamp areas so a little bit of water crossing was necessary. I didn't go near the lakes. Monday was a different story. I tried to go out but everything was rock hard so cooling was insufficient and I gave up. I had to go home yesterday late afternoon anyway. Hopefully we get lots of snow Wednesday and Thursday ahead of the weekend!

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
Sunday was actually not too bad because the snow was still soft so cooling was good. There were some wet spots in the swamp areas so a little bit of water crossing was necessary. I didn't go near the lakes. Monday was a different story. I tried to go out but everything was rock hard so cooling was insufficient and I gave up. I had to go home yesterday late afternoon anyway. Hopefully we get lots of snow Wednesday and Thursday ahead of the weekend!
Thanks I sorta figured that as it was so icy hard!

Storm looks to be aiming good for us.....maybe a slight chance of rain mixing in but mostly snow for North Muskoka.....so things should be fantastic......fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems like very little places to stay up there these days so I'm surprised if they weren't doing ok. Other than Deerhurst and Hidden Valley, not much competition in the area. I guess its further north to Kearney or Sundridge now ...

·
Registered
799 Posts
Seems like very little places to stay up there these days so I'm surprised if they weren't doing ok. Other than Deerhurst and Hidden Valley, not much competition in the area. I guess its further north to Kearney or Sundridge now ...
tons of competition; airbnb and other cottage rental sites

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dan,

Please let us know what we end up getting in the Mary Lake / HGR area today and tomorrow! It will be great if we get 20-30cm on top of that hard base!

Thanks,

Glenn

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
Dan,

Please let us know what we end up getting in the Mary Lake / HGR area today and tomorrow! It will be great if we get 20-30cm on top of that hard base!

Thanks,

Glenn
I have been out of power most the day here....windy as heck and drifting bigtime all around so impossible to measure the snowfall currently. But so far it has not mixed with any ice pellets, and there was a dry slot on the radar screen which cut down on the heavier falling snow from earlier but we should get another solid 8-10 hrs of moderate snow from now into the overnight. With the great solid base we had, and many local trails showing green still, this is looking fantastic. Could have rode all day today for sure but my RAP tour got cancelled.

I will post more tomorrow with totals as it should go all night....I would say no less then 6 to 8 inches total(storm totals) but heavily blown around so tough to measure officially. Lake is wind blown bigtime into drifts and icy patches as of sunset when i could last see it...hoping the heavy gusts slow down overnight tonight so It can pile up better...but in the bush where its less windy should be all good for the local clubs to get it all groomed up!

Dan

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome. You are supposed to get another blast on weekend too. Should be rocking and gonna try and get up there this weekend.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much snow fell? Thinking of booking in at deerhurst ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
yeah power was off for many hours, and on again...but been on n off abit from these hi winds still blowing.

really impossible to measure depths but I would guess that at least 8 inches MINIMUM fell from the sky, as the drifts are massive in spots. Trails should be groomed up by tonight and mint, i wish the cool temps would last for weekend as the trails would fare better and roads wont last at temps above zero. So i will get my butt out tomorrow as it will be cool and minty.

Now the next storm for Sunday overnight into Monday looks milder, and MAY be another rain/ice pellet event all over again. And yet another storm for next week thurs again looks to be identical to this one last night, and yet again on the cusp of rain/snow....at least its more interesting then the typical sunny week after week we usually get around March.

Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Dan,

Has HGR been out grooming with the new snow? Also, do you know if there is a safe lake route to Dwight now either via Penn to the 77 or Penn to the Portage and then LOB Dwight Bay?

Thanks,

Glenn

1 - 20 of 23 Posts