Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did about 300 miles in the past couple of days and the pilot skis work fine in my opinion??

I know many were squeeling early on before much use.. how about now?

the 06 adrenaline is the beszt handling sled I have ever driven (not just best rev)... push is GONE, inside ski lift is GONE, darting... what darting (never had any with prior sleds either) this thing tracks true and straight... just a pleasure to ride-

and that SC-4, WOW! it is so much better than the SC-3 it is amazing, again the SC-3 is great just that the SC-4 fixes the bottoming problem inherent with the REV chassis and SC-3 combo-

and the lower ride height in the trails is EVERYTHING do said it was! it might be too low for off trail but on the groomed trails it can do ANYTHING a pre 06 can!

anyone else like their pilots?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
ViperER said:
I did about 300 miles in the past couple of days and the pilot skis work fine in my opinion??

I know many were squeeling early on before much use.. how about now?

the 06 adrenaline is the beszt handling sled I have ever driven (not just best rev)... push is GONE, inside ski lift is GONE, darting... what darting (never had any with prior sleds either) this thing tracks true and straight... just a pleasure to ride-

and that SC-4, WOW! it is so much better than the SC-3 it is amazing, again the SC-3 is great just that the SC-4 fixes the bottoming problem inherent with the REV chassis and SC-3 combo-

and the lower ride height in the trails is EVERYTHING do said it was! it might be too low for off trail but on the groomed trails it can do ANYTHING a pre 06 can!

anyone else like their pilots?
[snapback]714323[/snapback]​
Yes I agree, The pilots are nice skis and a great improvement over the Precisions in fresh snow conditions...The bad part is the outer runner has very little plastic to protect from low snow conditions and this is where most people are having the cracking with Pilot skis... Doo needs to consider when designing skis that the Northeast US generally has had low snow winters the past few years and it looks to continue... I mean when Tug Hill gets NO snow for whole month of January THAT IN ITSELF IS VERY BIZARRE and Doo needs to keep this in mind when designing skis. Not everybody has feet of snow to ride on like out West....

·
Just Killin' Time Till Summer
1,258 Posts
Can't really say yet if I like them better than the Precisions
I am getting under steer in the corners when I have any power on
I have cranked in the limiter strap one hole,
has helped a bit next is to up the preload on the front shocks.
Will have to wait and see.
I still have my precisions on my GT 700 I may pull a switch for a weekend
and see how it goes, kinda compare apples to apples

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Crazy_2 said:
Can't really say yet if I like them better than the Precisions
I am getting under steer in the corners when I have any power on
I have cranked in the limiter strap one hole,
has helped a bit next is to up the preload on the front shocks.
Will have to wait and see.
I still have my precisions on my GT 700 I may pull a switch for a weekend
and see how it goes, kinda compare apples to apples
[snapback]714400[/snapback]​
I thought i'd be missing my precisions, not a chance! i too love my pilots!
it's almost like power steering for me on my gade, "where you turn is where you'll go"--my only concern is mentioned in prior post, refering the outer edge of ski, my are fine right now---but only have 280 miles on
--all in all my gade is the best sled if owned to date! awesome.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I put 200 miles on a 06 Rental when my SDI blew up, and I hated the Pilots. They didn't turn at all when the snow softened. I was so happy when My POWDER PRO's were back underneath me. No Pilots for this guy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Huge improvement over Precision's. Effortless turning. Rails in most conditions and always track true, but still find they don't hold great in loose snow. Rode T Cat in same conditions with a pair of C & A's and it just railed. Don't know if it was the Cat or the skis but I would like to try out a pair on my Renegade. Light duty constuction probably won't have long life span.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
|Renegade17| said:
Pilots suck just as much as precisions... only one mans opinion though.
[snapback]714370[/snapback]​
Opinions are one thing, results are another. If some can make them turn and others can't I would say it's user error.

Mine with the Shaper bars work better than any ski I've tried in all kinds of conditions, with the exception of deep powder. Includes C & A's, USI's , Precisions, & Flex skis.

They could wear better in marginal conditions as was mentioned.

·
Registered
839 Posts
MyPilots were great on very hardpack snow. Soon as the top layer of snow got soft, they pushed like crazy in the turns. I cranked up the coupler blocks for quicker coupling and now the sled rails all the time in all conditions.
Mike

·
Registered
397 Posts
these pilots suck! I put the 6.9s on my '04 summit and went for a ride. I drove out of my driveway and into the road to go to the trail head at the end of the street and nearly wrecked. talk about oversteer. Now all the time my 144x2'' track is breaking lose in the corners, what is that all about? I am afraid I am going to get hurt because my cornering speeds are so high now. now I hate whiners but if I wanted sports car handling I would have bought a mxz. I've got the strap set for perfect powder sledding without the trenching and don't want to mess with it.

oh well that's my rant.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am with you pilots are great,they solve the nervousness problem precisions are known for. However they are going to wear out in front of the outside runner and the center runner host bar is half gone at 342 miles. The sc-4 (with torsion spacers )adds another dimension to snowmobiling ,no longer is the REV a lead sled. This lift with the pilot skis gives a very light feeling to my 06 SDI, and this allows me to ride longer with no arm fatigue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts