Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Does anyone know if the Pilot Skis offered by Doo fit ZX Chasis sleds? Anyone use the Pilot skis, and if so how much of a difference did they make compared to stock? I have an 01 Formula GSE 700 and do mostly trail / woods riding, and before I spend a couple hundred bucks Im looking for some input. Thanks,

·
Out of a job yet? Keep buying your foreign cars an
1,279 Posts
Not positive, but it looks like the spindles are the same on the 06s so I'm guessing that they mount the same as the Precisions skis do. Therefore I'd say yes they should fit on the ZX mounts.
NOT 100% POSITIVE THOUGH

EDIT: YES THEY WILL FIT THE ZX CHASSIS

I looked it up ----->Here.

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
The mountain riders are reporting problems with the Pilots wearing thin and breaking. You might do a search and read up on it.

I have precisions on a 97 MXZ and they work great. They eliminate darting and have better floatation in the soft stuff.

A lot of peole on here don't like the precisions, but ski-doo would still be making them if not for the Simmons suit.

·
Out of a job yet? Keep buying your foreign cars an
1,279 Posts
doo rider said:
for the ZX you are better to stick with the precisions. Get then alot cheaper then the pilots, and no probems.

Great skis on the precisons....
[snapback]697417[/snapback]​
Not trying to start a "edit for bad language" contest,But

How do you figure they are cheaper? The Pilots are pretty close in price if not cheaper than Precisions.

I remember back when Precisions came out they were close to $400.

505071790 5.7 - Trail Right Black $79.97

505071791 5.7 - Trail Left Black $79.97

860510800 Pilot 5,7 & 6,9 Fastener Kit RT, REV, ZX $69.97 For 1 ski.

505070917 Ski Handle Pilot, Precision, Flex, Mountain Yellow $15.47

REMEMBER, THESE ARE LIST PRICES!

I've heard that Pilots are 100X better than Precisions on a Rev, just havn't heard about them on a ZX chassis yet.

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
I think he means on the used market they are cheeper than the Pilots?!?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Party Chief said:
The mountain riders are reporting problems with the Pilots wearing thin and breaking. You might do a search and read up on it.

I have precisions on a 97 MXZ and they work great. They eliminate darting and have better floatation in the soft stuff.

A lot of peole on here don't like the precisions, but ski-doo would still be making them if not for the Simmons suit.
[snapback]697424[/snapback]​
i gotta agree with that part anyway, i put some precisions on my 97 mxz 583 and the difference from steel skis with ski skins was HUGE!!

I sold that sled to a buddy, and he is still riding it with the precisions and figures that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread

-FFF

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a zx, and love the precision skis. But do miss the playing in the fluff where my flex skis dominated. I have heard from many sources that pilots are the way to go. My only concern is some say pilot skis wear prematurely..........anyone with solid info on this???

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
hutchauto said:
I have a zx, and love the precision skis. But do miss the playing in the fluff where my flex skis dominated. I have heard from many sources that pilots are the way to go. My only concern is some say pilot skis wear prematurely..........anyone with solid info on this???
[snapback]709582[/snapback]​
Search the Mountain sled forum. There has been quite a lot of disscussion and pictures of this problem. Seems the area where the ski starts to turn up wears thin and breaks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.