Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought these things were easy to work on, but I can't figure this one out. To tune the pilot circuit 'right' your supposed to adjust the airscrew with the sled running. If I can't get at them without tearing things apart, how do I do this? Is there a way to get the console easily out of the way so you can get at them from above? Actually, I can't even see in there to know for sure if I've got airscrews. Anybody found an easy way thru this?

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Holy, this place is busy. Help me, I'm sinking!!
Either no one has done this before (doubt that), or it's a dumb question with a silly easy answer. C'mon, I can take it...

·
734 Power
2,600 Posts
with the airbox off you can get at them with the sled running, done it before just takes some creative handwork

·
Registered
386 Posts
REV_X said:
with the airbox off you can get at them with the sled running, done it before just takes some creative handwork
[snapback]294407[/snapback]​
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the adjustment we are reffering to here is the fuel screws right, with the white caps? Screw out to go rich and screw in to go lean. As REV_X said, with the air box off it can be done, just got to get the fingers in there the right way

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey an answer! I didn't think it was exactly an uncommon procedure.
Thanks Rev_X, I guess I'll have to try that one out, have to start seeing what I can do to nimble up the fingers. (More suggestions always welcome).

·
734 Power
2,600 Posts
You want a suggestion on how to nimble up your fingers? LOL, not going there.............HAHA

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ramipo.
No, I think I mean air screws. But I haven't even been able to see them yet. I've got old-time cheapo round slides. I'm pretty sure I'm rich on the pilots, but want to try doing it by the book to see for sure...

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geez, now I can't keep up with the replies.
Rev_X, maybe you can illustrate your suggestion with pictures?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts