Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tired of poor backup performance of DS2 + ski skin on my expy 600ace. Just put these on and holy cow the keel is deeper! What effect will thath have?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have no personal experience, but everyone I know say they are worse overall than the DS2’s. Though when I asked how they were I didn’t specifically ask about reverse.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I posted a thread on how I put an angle on the back of my DS2 skis. There is a noticable improvement when reversing. It's a half hour job if you are taking your time. You only need a small block of wood and a $15 harbor freight heat gun.
607ef25469dceee0bc83580e6ff5c34e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted a thread on how I put an angle on the back of my DS2 skis. There is a noticable improvement when reversing. It's a half hour job if you are taking your time. You only need a small block of wood and a $15 harbor freight heat gun.
607ef25469dceee0bc83580e6ff5c34e.jpg

Thanks! I saw your post and tried it with mine with no luck. the combination of ski and skin didnt stay. My skillz arent up to speed I guess...

·
Registered
132 Posts
There is a thread somewhere here where someone did it with both the ski and skins. I believe the ski skins were removed and done separate from the skis. They didn't use the same procedure as I did but the concept was the same.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I tired of poor backup performance of DS2 + ski skin on my expy 600ace. Just put these on and holy cow the keel is deeper! What effect will thath have?
They are crap on water and in deep snow.

I replaced my 7.4s with Blade XC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts