Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Also go out and road 300 some miles on Saturday. Started out in Laona where my sled is located. Met up with some friends in Wabeno and head to Jonnies resort over by Crandon. Then hit Cavour and up towards Newald but went to Armstrong Creek to get some stuff at my parents house. We then head up to Fence and hit Florence. After That we hit Auora and then down to Dunbar and over to Goodman to meet my friends parents. We then went back to Wabeno dropped off some riders and head back to Goodman and then I went back to the house in Armstrong.

Very good weekend of riding. Sure pays to groom and know the guys who groom. I hit almost every freshly groomed trail right after the groomer went through.

·
Registered
941 Posts
what our those white spots in your pictures? Havent seen that yet!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was impressed also with the grooming and how it held up over the weekend. It took me from 5-11 to groom from Wabeno towards Christmas tree. Sure takes a lot of time to get the trail groomed out nice with all the traffic we had. Also a few guys for some reason dont see the big groomer coming. I cant see how you cant, they had to cut it down in the woods a bit.

Usuually I stick to the back roads on a weekend to avoid some of the traffic. Its the perk of being a local you learn the backroads and where all the powder an untouched snow is at.

I keep hearing that goodman is having issues with the groomer not going out on weekends. Someone said no one wants to do it on the weekends.

have you heard anything about it. I usually avoid Goodman over towards Pembine, basically because of the atv's on the trails. We always have bad experience with the trails over that way and some cocky rider on an atv is the reason.

I see your from Dunbar. Im from Armstrong Creek, but im in appleton right now for college.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes, The Dunbar trails are definitely Rev country on the weekends. It is actually funny to watch some people ride the moguls on Saturday afternoon/ Sunday. I could not believe it when I saw 2 different groomers out on Sunday in the daylight by Laona. I don't know what the story is about Dunbar/Goodman not wanting to groom on the weekends. I work in Green Bay during the week. Are you going to school at FVTC.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea im attending FVTC for Diesel Technology. The uncles over in laona just love it, they want me to work on all the semi's at half the dealer cost.

Wabeno has one groomer that located at the Citgo, then the Wild Rose has the other, then I believe laona has the other. Thats 3 groomers all for that area, its usually kept up pretty well when they are all out.

Its always great to watch the riders on the weekends getting pounded on by the nasty trails. I had left wabeno right behind a group that had just filled up when we did. When we got over to Armstrong they had pulled up behind us, and had this odd look on their faces. They asked me how we got past them and made it to Armstrong 1st. I just said Im a local and know every short cut and untouched riding areas to hit. They wanted to tag along with us for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for showing the pics! Ran your area on Friday, Started in Mountain up to Wabeno, Up to Armstrong Creek to Newald over to Argonne, Down to Crandon then back to Mountain. Trails were in GREAT shape! It was fun to ride with the heavy snow coming down for a while. Thanks for taking the time to sit in the groomer seat when you have a chance, I have a blast every time I run the 100 miler or LMT's trails!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your welcome snowmiser, its good to see people enjoying the trails and putting some money back into our area. We depend on snowmobiling a lot in the winter and its been slow the past few seasons.

I usually head up from Appleton every other weekend thursday-sunday to ride or get in the groomer. If I cant ride id rather be in the groomer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts