Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the Snodeo in Colebrook NH, got to see the sleds in person for the first time. My thoughts are; XRS color isn't that bad, really bright orange, new handguards are good looking but I'm not crazy about them, the freeride "pink" isn't as good looking as I thought, glad they have a black option, the 174" summit is unreal, the track is insane, my final thoughts are the colors are bright, loud and staring to grow on me, the new "hydrodiped" hoods look good and blend well with the graphics. Ski-doo had a good showing and I was pleased to see pretty much everything that was new this year.(Picture quality isn't great, new camera had died had to use my older one)

xrs 2.jpg

xrs 3.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Attachments

·
2nd Whore in command
102,023 Posts
Thanks for the pics..................that Summit does look insane!! I like the black/orange on the Renny X. Hope you had a good time checking them all out.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Thank you for posting :righton

I was hoping I'd be crazy over the yellow X after seeing a picture or two but that just isn't happening

The black/orange 1200 does look good

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Thanks for posting. I'm really thinking of going with the gade x, 1200 for the 1st time, but have ridden shorties forever. Did they have the MXZ 1200? The same sled in the 800 above looks nice with that hood coloring.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
One thing I just noticed on Doo's site is the MXZ800 in the starburst yellow black has a transition to a honeycomb look on the hood, like in your pic above, but if you get the MXZ1200 in the same color, no honeycomb. I think that honeycomb transition looks sharp.

The XS hoods are so much more modern looking then the XR, but I can't bring myself to going back to a 2 stroke.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
The guy at the reveal said the yellow/orange would really pop in the sunlight. They should stand out in the parking lot. I predict a lot of orange/black 1200 Gade X's spring ordered. I'll say they look sharp just like mentioned here.

That Freeride had better find some snow fast. What the heck color do you call the rails and spindles? At least some deep snow will cover them up.

·
Ride it like ya stole it
3,759 Posts
I too just got back from the snodeo... I think the yellow is ugly.. I could see the black tunnel paint under the yellow.. yellow looks transparent.. also on the nose cone the yellow looks like it is sun faded.. the renegade backcountry X looks awesome!!! also they are offering the XRS 800 an XRS 800 renegade in SATIN BLACK with grey lettering with is the one I think I'm going to order.. the 1200 X looked real nice too

·
Registered
314 Posts
I actually like the freeride. I plan to get one, and get a Speedwerx front bumper powder coated magenta to match the spindles/riser/slides. Probably powder coat the rear bumper as well.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I actually like the freeride. I plan to get one, and get a Speedwerx front bumper powder coated magenta to match the spindles/riser/slides. Probably powder coat the rear bumper as well.
Hey, no offense intended ...I'm an old guy, gotta go more doo-ish for colour for me. :happy_old:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts