1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I bought the same one and the cap is a poor design and doesn't fit well. So I threw on the shelf and wired ctek tender plug up to battery positive on solenoid and a frame ground. Out of the way when riding but very handy if needed.
fc182dffdcfc1f708143e0af9fdb814a.jpg
62ba72822e8f6d553c3395e0bec5269d.jpg
bbe8024607290079951531c950cd5f64.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,246 Posts
I bought the same one and the cap is a poor design and doesn't fit well. So I threw on the shelf and wired ctek tender plug up to battery positive on solenoid and a frame ground. Out of the way when riding but very handy if needed.
fc182dffdcfc1f708143e0af9fdb814a.jpg
62ba72822e8f6d553c3395e0bec5269d.jpg
bbe8024607290079951531c950cd5f64.jpg

I did the same but link from the OP sure does look nice.......too bad it didn't work out for ya!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
First thing I am doing is adding an SAE socket for a battery tender/battery minder. They are just too handy, I have one installed on my mower, and my tractor.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XLK4CH3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aside from that, what are some other recommendations you all have a for a new 900T sled? I have a 1+1 seat on order, so I can take the wife and kids out, now and then.
I have the 1+1 seat, the wiring for the heated hand grips is quite the install job if you opt for that. One thing I initially hesitated getting was glove box liner and I am happy I did now. It does add some softness but not like the one for xs chassis. What I did like was it makes the glove box sealed and lid becomes solid and more secure. I also added a skid plate for extra insurance.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
First thing I am doing is adding an SAE socket for a battery tender/battery minder. They are just too handy, I have one installed on my mower, and my tractor.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XLK4CH3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aside from that, what are some other recommendations you all have a for a new 900T sled? I have a 1+1 seat on order, so I can take the wife and kids out, now and then.
This is my 3rd sled I have done this to. Works great and you don't need to keep opening the battery cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts

does this work with battery tender brand?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the 1+1 seat, the wiring for the heated hand grips is quite the install job if you opt for that. One thing I initially hesitated getting was glove box liner and I am happy I did now. It does add some softness but not like the one for xs chassis. What I did like was it makes the glove box sealed and lid becomes solid and more secure. I also added a skid plate for extra insurance.

I just went for the seat only, didn't get the backrest, yet. Got any more info on the glove box deal?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does this work with battery tender brand?
Yes, anything that has an SAE plug. It works both ways, so anything that you can run off of an SAE plug will work too, since the socket is always hot. Lots of different adapters out there.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is any one checking for loose ground wires,

i am picking up my new 900 t black x this week

just wondering what i should be checking
This is along the lines of what I was asking too. Are there any known items I should be sure to check, on a brand new sled?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First thing...put Dupont Hxfaxes on and never have to worry about your slides ever again.
I'll keep that in mind when it's time to replace the OEMs.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I guess I'll find out how these are. I've had good luck with most of the ones I've used so far. The one I shelved has a male cap that is a pain in the butt to open up, required pliers to open. All the female style caps i've used have worked pretty good.

Reactions: thinksno

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I just went for the seat only, didn't get the backrest, yet. Got any more info on the glove box deal?
Glove box liner has a soft feel good for tossing phone in there. I have usb port also. Glovebox fits tighter and seems more secure and it should be snow tight. A man windshield instead of a tweenie XRS one works too.
13d8091245053c338444d0c1d6a56046.jpg
2da5bb967f525f7a7002db3f16b4b7d6.jpg

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 44 Posts