Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant tell if it has the larger trail tank, its clear but the owner has no idea as he never put fuel in it
is there any way to tell with out pulling the seat before i buy it?

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Pull the seat off. 5 gallon will look small, there are a few in the fs section to look at. 10 gallon tank also goes back to the rear right next to the hoses for the rear cooler.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
i cant tell if it has the larger trail tank, its clear but the owner has no idea as he never put fuel in it
If a guy doesn't know how big his tank is he probably knows nothing about the sled, so I wouldn't buy it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You have to pull the seat or take the rear plastic "trunk" piece off. If you see foam then the small tank is installed.

^^ I also agree with Dippin. 440s aren't a set and forget type of sled.

·
Lurking......
985 Posts
i cant tell if it has the larger trail tank, its clear but the owner has no idea as he never put fuel in it ???
Was this sled ever ridden???

·
Ski-Doo Rider Fo' Sho'
1,670 Posts

·
Shredding the Gnar
5,017 Posts
If the tank is clear.....it is the small race tank (about 5 gallons).
Summit tanks are 10g, clear and setup to allow room for the 440 coolant lines. Black tanks are normally for the long cooler but the 07 XRS shorty tank is clear and for the long cooler....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he picked the sled up last year over heated it first run and im picking it up for 1500
il guess il find out when i tear the seat off to install a zx cooler....

·
Registered
815 Posts
its 2 bolts to take the seat off it wont be that much of a hassle..2 minutes at most,, maybe 3 because there are 3 plastic rivots you have to pop on the back

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I did not know they made a clear 10 gallon tank. Thank you for letting me know. Sorry for the confusion.
ya, 07 summit xrs had clear tank with cutouts that would work over the 440 coolant hoses, and the 07 mxz xrs had clear tank that is shaped to fit over long cooler

·
Shredding the Gnar
5,017 Posts
none on the tunnel , hum
Right side, between where the tank spar attaches to the tunnel and the footwell.....very top edge....not even an inch down. If it's not there check from the inside for evidence that it's been welded over.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea no sign of vin. no sign of welding eaither. maby new tunnel was installed? if some one removed the serial you would think it would be spot-able. my fiend owned the sled he bought it off his friend who has it several years

1 - 20 of 24 Posts