Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was trying to be careful removing the silicone from the pick ups during my rebuild when I dropped them. Soooo now I don't know which pick up was in which position.

I need to know if anyone can tell me which pick up goes in which position. I think the one on top has the green and yellow wire but I'm not sure.

Just need to know so I can re-silicone them back on and get this dam engine back in the sled.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The pick-up wires should be Kinda-formed (wires bent into shape from being mounted for so long) to which location they go. That's how I reassembled mine.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had cut most of the silicone off before I dropped them. As such the wires had been moved around to get the silicone off. I think I have them in the right position but want to be positive before I silicone them and put the engine back in.

Unfortunately my repair manual is in black and white. I've searched on here but can't find anything.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
According to the wiring diagram I currently have trigger assembly 1 on the bottom and trigger assembly 2 on top.

Thought this made sense since the magneto is turning clockwise the first signal would go to the bottom coil.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the way I have it. Hopefully it's right. I want to silicone it tonight.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fantastic guys. Thanks for the help. I figured Trigger coil 1 would be on the bottom but I didn't want to chance it by being wrong and having to pull the engine again.

Next time I won't work on it after only getting a couple hours of sleep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts