Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I posed that my headlight is the brightest at idle and as soon as I touch the throttle the light dims. The same thing is still happening but I have more to add.

The light will be dim while I'm riding but if I pull the brake the headlight brightens back up. When I release the brake the light goes dim again.

I haven't had a chance to do any tests and I hoping someone knows the exact problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
maby your sled is flinching, darn revs always breaking and all your flinchs evreytime you grab throttle or hit the brakes, it must think your going to hit something. Seriously though, have you done much riding without your headligth hooked up or anything? I have heard rumors of regulators burning up and stuff

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
It had to be a pinch in the wire, when you pull the brake you are pinching something or it is a ground that is being shorted. It has to do with the brake being pulled so you will have to chase wires and expose them so you can see. The brake also has a switch for the light. You know how on a trailer when you put the brakes on and the lights all dim? This is a bad ground and most likely is your problem.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
MotionMan said:
It had to be a pinch in the wire, when you pull the brake you are pinching something or it is a ground that is being shorted. It has to do with the brake being pulled so you will have to chase wires and expose them so you can see. The brake also has a switch for the light. You know how on a trailer when you put the brakes on and the lights all dim? This is a bad ground and most likely is your problem.
[snapback]693779[/snapback]​
My thoughts also, sounds like a poor ground.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I know this isnt it but it sounds like the wires are backward and the tail light wire is conected to your headlamp......runs dim when riding just like a tail light then brightons up when the brake is applied.

Things that make you go hmmmm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts