Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for some actual conditions of Peninsula Lake between Hidden Valley Resort and Deerhurst Resort. Was supposed to be heading up that way tomorrow and leaving from Hidden Valley resort but haven't heard much about the lake condition.

Failing the lake is there any where else to park close somewhat close to the trails coming out of the Deerhurst area?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You won't enjoy your ride all these trails are close for the most part. If you can hold off until next week. With any luck conditions will improve.

Reactions: rockerdan

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
We ran these lakes last Saturday and My lake(Mary) I measured ice at 8" thick early last week. Last night we got 3" snow, then ice pellets and now showers. So the lakes will be icy and possibly no lube for sliders or exchangers.

The lakes are probably better then the trails. But I would not be doing alot of lake running unless you know the area well and have a very reliable sled/belt. We did not stop anywhere on the lakes, we just ran them and got on/off as fast as possible. They are far from as thick as they would normally be at this time of the winter.

I skiff of snow fri/sat that they are calling for could allow for some riding here. But not gonna be good by any means.

Dan

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
While I doo love my fellow D00TALK-ER's.

My two own rules.

Don't go out at night.

And chop your own holes.

OK, one more rule. Fishermen lie and they are drunk.

Ride safe.

+10 and I'm cranky. Stupid el-mean-o

Reactions: pistin broke
1 - 8 of 8 Posts