Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’ve done a search but nothing comes up. I need to remove these. I have the roll pin removed, is there a special tool for the pin or just a punch. I’m referring to the pin with the 2 rollers, inner & outer. I bought the kit from Chris at C&T but there’s nothing for this. Maybe there should be as I received 2 of the same tools to remove the roller the ramps work on. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
There are great videos that show this, check them out before proceeding! Also, Mark everything. Every detail is critical. Position, direction, etc. All parts are unique. Please don't ask me how I learned this the hard way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Wink1, apparently they changed the design of the pDrive in 2019. Mine is a 2018 and it only has 1 roil pin and the axle pin actually has a back on it so it needs to be pushed back towards the shaft.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
It doesnt look like that tool removes the spring pins, just the shaft that holds the rollers. Your 18 is like my 17, to remove the spring pins I used a vise grip to clamp down on it then slowly spin back and forth and pulling up until it starts to loosen. The shaft then just comes out with the tap of a punch. To re-install I had to put the shafts in a freezer and heat up the bore to get them in. Once in you can put in NEW spring pins.

It's a poor design from Doo, not user friendly at all to replace those rollers.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes you are correct, if you remember when brp introduced the pDrive it also said it’s maintenance free...I’m not complaining as nothing can be maintenance free. With 10,000 miles on it I have nothing to complain about. The roll pins are no problem, as you said I also just used vice grips. Gave the bolt a few good taps with punch & hammer with no movement. So I decided to ask the masses on here before going further, this forum is a great resource!! I think I’ll try a press to remove. Thanks for all your replies.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi everyone, I've done a search but nothing comes up. I need to remove these. I have the roll pin removed, is there a special tool for the pin or just a punch. I'm referring to the pin with the 2 rollers, inner & outer. I bought the kit from Chris at C&T but there's nothing for this. Maybe there should be as I received 2 of the same tools to remove the roller the ramps work on. Thanks.
I was looking on the C&T website and did not find this kit you speak of? I am painfully aware how much those rollers cost so I was wondering what came in the kit and what was the cost?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
No rebuild kits include these rollers, you just have to bend over an take it! Close to $300 is a bit ridiculous for these dumb things. Venom did make replacements for about $200 but it sounds like they are discontinuing them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes sorry, I didn’t mean to imply the rollers came in a kit from C&T. Just that the kit with the clutch tools didn’t have anything to remove these.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts