Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the new pieces of the Gen4 Skandic/Expy is the primary clutch, now a pDrive in place of the eDrive and eDrive2 we all got used to, and tooled up for.

Some questions for those of you that have performed some work on these so far:

1. PDrive Puller, C&T's OK?

2. Roller greasing. I am reading 3-5k km's is the best interval to do this. C&T makes a tool/needle adaptor that apparently allows you to do this on the sled, I have to learn how to do this. Would like to hear your tips if you have done it already, particularly if the clutch has to be on the bench to service properly.

3. Service tools. Do I need all of the $300US kit from C&T to keep this thing going, or just the puller and the clutch holder for re-torqueing? That's all I really had for the eDrive and that got me by for years.

·
Banshee Builder
7,524 Posts
1. yes C&T tools are great

2.ive had rollers seize up from not greasing them, i plan to remove them with C&T tool ( http://c-tpowersports.com/2013website/product/P%20Drive%20Quick%20Change%20Ramp%20&%20Roller%20Tool.html) every 2000 miles for inspection/cleaning/greasing. with the tool in the link you can service the rollers with clutch on sled.

3.i would say the most important tools to hace would be puller, holder, spring compressor (which is easy to make your own) and quick ramp/roller tool. you will also need a 12 point 13/16 socket to remove,install the main primary bolt.

·
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

2.ive had rollers seize up from not greasing them, i plan to remove them with C&T tool ( http://c-tpowersports.com/2013website/product/P%20Drive%20Quick%20Change%20Ramp%20&%20Roller%20Tool.html) every 2000 miles for inspection/cleaning/greasing. with the tool in the link you can service the rollers with clutch on sled.

3.i would say the most important tools to hace would be puller, holder, spring compressor (which is easy to make your own) and quick ramp/roller tool. you will also need a 12 point 13/16 socket to remove,install the main primary bolt.
Are you able to grease the torque roller and the flyweight roller on the sled, or do you even have to do both?!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Rollers on a 900ace?

·
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Rollers on a 900ace?
Let's clarify here. I have performed some parts diagram research to see what's going on; there are two sets of rollers in each pDrive, 3x flyweight rollers and 3x torque rollers.

The 850 Etec pDrive has 3x rollers against the flyweights and 3x torque rollers against the towers.

Diagram:

Primary Pdrive Parts Diagram - 2021 Renegade 850 Etec.jpg

The 900ACE pDrive also has 3x rollers against the 3x flyweights; these have needle bearings in them and need periodic maintenance like any pDrive, from what I can gather. However, the 900ACE 3x torque rollers are non-existent, and are instead replaced by torque sliders.

Diagram:

Primary Pdrive Parts Diagram - 2021 Expy SWT 900ACE.jpg

I believe this is where the confusion is coming in. Thanks for bringing it up awful knawful, it caused me to learn something today.

I have ordered the C&T "Compress and Hold" tool as well as their grease injection tool so that I can service my 900ACE flyweight rollers right on the sled. I believe I can insert the needle tip between needle bearings on the roller and inject grease from both sides of the roller once the clutch is closed up. I will post pics when I do this.

Attachments

·
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Further to this, I got under the hood of a 2021 Expy SWT 900ACE Turbo yesterday. The Turbo has the rollers against the towers as well, different from the sliders that are on the regular 900ACE
d5589f67b964979147840654dd5fb6d6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts