Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a pb80 clutch. My rpm's are lower then I'd like and I don't like how they creep up instead of going straight for the peak power rpm.

If it fixes the revving issue, how's the speed and fuel mileage affected? Top speed.....?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
600 ace. I played with the secondary and have diagnosed all the things I don't like, to be caused in the edrive clutch. Its a significant rpm creep. If you gun it, it revs to about 5900 then slowly creeps to 7000 and that's it. If I tighten up or swap the secondary spring it'll rev up to 6500 and creep to 7500 and so on....

I think the rpm is only one indicator as it feels like its always in a "gear" too tall.

I love the sled other then the clutching. Over achieves for its hp. I'm not looking for 100 mph but I want to get the full potential out of this sled.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I swapped the stock edrive clutching on our 600 ACE with my PB80 and Cudney kit from my 900 ACE. It works great. Goes to 7000 rpm very consistently and better backshifting. I was able to get it up to 80 mph (speedo) on the lake this weekend, and not the best conditions. (Yes the 600 ACE!) And I'm about 225 all suited up.

I'll probably play around with the pucks to see how it works with more rpm's, but I could easily leave it the way it is. Makes the sled much more fun to drive.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet, that's exactly what I'm looking to hear. I'll have to call me cudney and get one of those clutches.

What do you think about the secondary....what was changed in the cudney kit, stiffer spring and straight helix?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And as far as the revs go for peak power...I saw a dyno that shows 7500 is best. I'll be able to tinker once I switch the clutch though.

Thanks for the help yabba!!!

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Sweet, that's exactly what I'm looking to hear. I'll have to call me cudney and get one of those clutches.

What do you think about the secondary....what was changed in the cudney kit, stiffer spring and straight helix?
Yes different spring and helix for the secondary. Cudney's helix is very nicely machined. Not sure exactly what all the differences are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts