Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well decided just for the fun of it I decided to throw in the GR/GR skidoo secondary spring and test it. Well went out to the field and out of 6 hard acceleration tests it only fell to 8300 rpms twice after initial spin and the other 4 times it fell to 8400. This was on pretty hard snow so it was a good test. So in theory if I have traction this should out accelerate the PL/PL spring in the first 100 or so ft. It definately pulled harder down low. I will be running this spring on my next trip in a little over a week. Thanks Kurt.

·
Registered
369 Posts
That's what I'm running. Green/green with stock helix on secondary. PB80 from Cudney with his primary spring. I'm running 8 full pucks + a drilled out one for 98grams per block. No other engine mods. Mine is a 13' renegade X. I went for some rips across the field yesterday and saw the same rpm as you. 83-8400. Gonna leave it there for now. Got a trip to Cable next week.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
That's what I'm running. Green/green with stock helix on secondary. PB80 from Cudney with his primary spring. I'm running 8 full pucks + a drilled out one for 98grams per block. No other engine mods. Mine is a 13' renegade X. I went for some rips across the field yesterday and saw the same rpm as you. 83-8400. Gonna leave it there for now. Got a trip to Cable next week.
How are the conditions in cable right now? Hopefully the 2-4" they're talking the next 24 hours happens!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jonny b3 this was just out of hole it does climb to 8900 on top. My previous post on pb-80 on timer lists all my engine mods and times.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Copy. I didn't have enough room to see if mine would hold there or climb any more. What's the limiter set to on a. 13'?? I was assuming 8500 so I wanted to stay below that. I couldn't believe the difference in pull the PB80 made. It really woke my sled up. Used to get smoked on the lakes by the 600's in our group. Anxious to see how it compares now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I did. I used the older cv tech spring and it did not really rub on the plastic but I have the new stlye spring coming in.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I just tried the grn/grn secondary spring, with the two derlin washers in my 16 1200x and I have a factory calibrated pb80. The engine breaking is a little strong for my liking, was is the next step down compression spring to try, and does anyone have one they don't want or I can try.

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,283 Posts
I just tried the grn/grn secondary spring, with the two derlin washers in my 16 1200x and I have a factory calibrated pb80. The engine breaking is a little strong for my liking, was is the next step down compression spring to try, and does anyone have one they don't want or I can try.
blue/blue 157/221...........brp #417127118

black 157/303.................brp #417127039

grn/grn 180/303..............brp #417127137

purple/purple 231/303.....brp #417127062

·
Registered
863 Posts
Has anyone tried the black compression spring, same finish as grn/grn. Does the black spring have some engine breaking, I don't mind a little but the grn/grn seems a little much, maby its because of the added preload from using the derlin washers

·
Registered
895 Posts
Has anyone tried the black compression spring, same finish as grn/grn. Does the black spring have some engine breaking, I don't mind a little but the grn/grn seems a little much, maby its because of the added preload from using the derlin washers
I've got the black comp spring in mine. Not a lot of engine breaking. That's fine with me.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Just a review, I am still running the grn/grn secondary spring with washers, its not as much breaking as I originally thought once I got it on the trail and logged some miles, I'm still using the factory calibrated pb80 with older style spring and cup, I'm looking to replace the spring with performance in mind. What should I try, pulling 82-8300 rpms with 9 pucks factory calibrated pb80 and grn/grn secondary with 44/40 factory helix

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thinking about changing to a different helix angle, and ideas on what i should try. Is there a good go to helix for performance or just what feels good to each person

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I believe he has a 44/40 from earlier post..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts