Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

pb-80 od work for 240 kit?

3K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  noyzee 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
well, i am switching over to boost with my 16... The crowd over on the N/A side of this forum forced it. just kidding.. Likely going boost engineerings kit.. is the pb-80 proven with higher hp's or should i be looking at a different clutch?

IF different clutch is needed, which is easiest to tune/ most cost effective?

Thanks all

#13 ·
well, i am switching over to boost with my 16... The crowd over on the N/A side of this forum forced it. just kidding.. Likely going boost engineerings kit..
is the pb-80 proven with higher hp's or should i be looking at a different clutch?

IF different clutch is needed, which is easiest to tune/ most cost effective?

Thanks all
Nope...Tapp or STM pick your poison

#18 ·
The power block needs so much weight at 240
the plastic pucks get chewed up at 3/4 shift
out.Not enough support on governor cup and sliding
sleave with 180 gram pucks and the torque at that power level.Tapp is a great
clutch,tunes easy and lasts on big power.
X2 on TAPP

Been running 300 hp on trail for 2 seasons without problem

Great clutch period, just got back from 4 day 1100 miles run in Quebec no blown belt!

#19 ·
Doodr. Send me info on the tapp you have please.. And also what comes with it... And tell me difference in first design versus current.. Sorry, not a lot of knowledge with em.. I have 2 pb 80 od clutches. Was hoping they would suffice, but hate to be down due to a clutch... I have an inquiry in to cv tech asking about their "limits"

#26 ·
PB 80 will run along time at 240 billet spring cups are being cut now, and a few other trick parts. I know a pb 80 has handled 19 psi on a motec set up and worked great. For the price you cant go wrong. Mike Knapp knows how to clutch for power . Just think if they redesigned and went to a four cup cover set-up much less puck weight required better back shift less spring, Mike what have you heard on these parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.