Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
well, i am switching over to boost with my 16... The crowd over on the N/A side of this forum forced it. just kidding.. Likely going boost engineerings kit.. is the pb-80 proven with higher hp's or should i be looking at a different clutch?

IF different clutch is needed, which is easiest to tune/ most cost effective?

Thanks all

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YUP with all the new high hp released, it was either switch sleds (which i didnt wanna do) port the head, tb, ecu etc and still be slower.. or just dominate the other trail sleds...

im choosing the later

·
Registered
496 Posts
YUP with all the new high hp released, it was either switch sleds (which i didnt wanna do) port the head, tb, ecu etc and still be slower.. or just dominate the other trail sleds...

im choosing the later
I'm right there with ya. Might be installing a Boost Engineering kit this summer. Stock 1200 is too slow.

·
Registered
575 Posts
LOL! 240 will no longer dominate anything today.

HP # are off the charts

You never know who has what these days!

JM2C

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i agree blizard.. referring to the new 850s and stock yammi's... there arent too many 250 hp sleds on the wi trails... lake gangs is a different story,,

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
240 with stock compression is more than enough against 99.5% of the other actual real trail sleds. It will take down the cats with just a tune handily.

·
Registered
344 Posts
well, i am switching over to boost with my 16... The crowd over on the N/A side of this forum forced it. just kidding.. Likely going boost engineerings kit..
is the pb-80 proven with higher hp's or should i be looking at a different clutch?

IF different clutch is needed, which is easiest to tune/ most cost effective?

Thanks all
Nope...Tapp or STM pick your poison

·
Registered
313 Posts
The power block needs so much weight at 240
the plastic pucks get chewed up at 3/4 shift
out.Not enough support on governor cup and sliding
sleave with 180 gram pucks and the torque at that power level.Tapp is a great
clutch,tunes easy and lasts on big power.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The power block needs so much weight at 240
the plastic pucks get chewed up at 3/4 shift
out.Not enough support on governor cup and sliding
sleave with 180 gram pucks and the torque at that power level.Tapp is a great
clutch,tunes easy and lasts on big power.
X2 on TAPP

Been running 300 hp on trail for 2 seasons without problem

Great clutch period, just got back from 4 day 1100 miles run in Quebec no blown belt!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Doodr. Send me info on the tapp you have please.. And also what comes with it... And tell me difference in first design versus current.. Sorry, not a lot of knowledge with em.. I have 2 pb 80 od clutches. Was hoping they would suffice, but hate to be down due to a clutch... I have an inquiry in to cv tech asking about their "limits"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts