Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I messed up my bumper on 2000 Tundra yesterday sidehilling in the woods. It slid out bounced off a tree with a ski, and centered a balsam. I tried to pound it straight, but it might be shot. I will try again today, but wondering where to find parts, used or new, that I can afford.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I beat the bumper straight enough and put it back on. The inner bumper was bent too and I beat that as straight as I could.

Now for the bigger problem. When the ski bounced off the tree, it buckled the angle bracket just behind the shock mount, the one that holds the ski straight. I can't tell looking at it that it is bent, but common sense says it is moved from original position. The bracket on one side is buckled and the other side is cracked. I will have to get it welded, but I need it for work next week. THink it is ok to ride if I take it easy? It is not cracked all the way through.

G

·
My friend rode around on his citation for a full season with it cracked, and he cracked it from hitting jumps. So it should be okay for a short amount of time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
250 Power said:
My friend rode around on his citation for a full season with it cracked, and he cracked it from hitting jumps. So it should be okay for a short amount of time.
[snapback]738169[/snapback]​
It did work fine yesterday. I think a guy could get a welder in there and fis it without pulling the engine. How far apart are these skis supposed to be so I can tell how bent it is?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts