Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bee_eats_the_cat_24973.jpg
Hey guys a new guy here

I was wondering if some one could help me. You see we were out for a ride a couple of nights ago and we let the dumest guy lead the pac I was behind every one else because I couldn't cross the road due to trafic. when I arived they took off and for fear of bieng left behind in an unknown area I quickly followed them. The next thing I knew there was water everyware so I pined it and was doing not bad skipping on top of the water untill I almost drove over one of my friends. So I let off just a little but that was enough to sink me I sank in about 3 feet of ice cold water that later I learned was covering a road. I quickly shut off my sled before it quit and when all was settled there was a bout 4 inches of water above my rails as I sat I wondered what kind of damage was done. Any way to make a long story longer I need some help with getting my sled running again what would you sugest to do first. Keep in mind that it was not totaly under watter infact the water wasn't even up to the tear bumper. I have noticed some water in the chain case though. Any ideas or sugestions are appreciated
Thanks in advance
Aaron

Attachments

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Remove the pipe, drain the carbs and flip the sled on it's side, roemove plugs and pull like mad, but it sounds to me that the motor never even made it under water correct, if it only made it up to the bumper? So, that might not even be necessary. If so, your gas tank should be fine? Change the oil in the chain case.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rotax! said:
Remove the pipe, drain the carbs and flip the sled on it's side, roemove plugs and pull like mad, but it sounds to me that the motor never even made it under water correct, if it only made it up to the bumper? So, that might not even be necessary. If so, your gas tank should be fine? Change the oil in the chain case.
[snapback]705272[/snapback]​
Thanks thats what I thought. What about the cluches do you think water contamination would do anything to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts