Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a group heading up to the Parry Sound area the weekend of Feb. 25-28/16...staying on Lake Manitowabing...any chance they will have the trails open by then...everything in the area except the Seguin shows as closed.

Thanks for the info in advance...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well I was up at my place near Rosseau on the weekend. We had 3" of fresh snow on Sat. Spoke to my buddy just west of Rosseau yesterday and he said they got another 3" over Tues-Wed. Forecast is for snow squalls tonight & tomorrow with another 10 cm we hope.

That being said, the meltdown that we had was pretty bad. Still some good snow in the bush but there were melted bare spots in low areas and the dirt roads were shot down to dirt/gravel/ice.

Hopefully with this cold weather and some fresh snow squalls, things can improve.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
1.5 ft of snow around Harley trails will be open this weekend.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Some of the lakes aren't safe still. And a lot of the trails up there are water crossing. Maybe after this cold snap it will help clubs get across to work on trails a little.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I checked the Environment Canada website and some Muskoka-Parry Sound webcams this morning and it looks like they are getting some pretty good snow right now so things are looking up!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Manatowabing and area lakes are safe avg 6" or more of ice but trails r still closed. We got about 20 cm this morning. Trails might b open by then but if not you can run the lakes as there r miles and miles of them.I live on lorimer lk which is pretty much connected to manitouwabing lk and have been traveling on these lakes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see that trails are starting to show yellow but the lake is still RED is that just due to it not being staked yet???

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I see that trails are starting to show yellow but the lake is still RED is that just due to it not being staked yet???
You won't see any lakes steak and lessors 12 inches of ice if there's tracks run it -32 this morning so you're in the clear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts