Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about the parking brake. I rented a ski-doo 600 recently. After driving it for only a couple of miles smoke was coming out of the engine so we shut the machine down. When we tried to start it the rope broke due to melting of the rope. We then also noticed oil leaking.

Long story short when we did get it started the secondary clutch wouldn't engage.
We drag the snowmobile out and returned it.

The dealer now says I drove it with parking brake on which cause all the damage.
This snowmobile was on a trailer. I am 100% sure I release the parking brake and I have 3 friends who also were there with their snowmoibles who also swear the parking brake was released before taking it off the trailer.

The dealer is saying I could have over powered the parking brake. I'm saying there is no way to over power it without knowing you were over powering it. I drove it off the trailer using the brake to slow down as I drove down the ramp.

I then drove it 100 feet and used very little throttle to do so. When we left again I needed very little throttle to start moving. For the next 2 miles I used the brake to slow down around corners, etc.

So my question is can you really over power the parking brake and never know it?

Is it possible to release the brake but have it not fully release?

I'm not new at this, I have been snowmobiling off an on for 10 years.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
As far as my sled goes as soon as you apply the brake the parking brake snaps off. It could not reengage unless you put it on again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTX SPORT 600 HO said:
As far as my sled goes as soon as you apply the brake the parking brake snaps off. It could not reengage unless you put it on again.
[snapback]737805[/snapback]​
Mine I believe was a '99 if this matters.

Dave

·
E-Tec Rules
33,573 Posts
snowdave said:
Question about the parking brake. I rented a ski-doo 600 recently. After driving it for only a couple of miles smoke was coming out of the engine so we shut the machine down. When we tried to start it the rope broke due to melting of the rope. We then also noticed oil leaking.

Long story short when we did get it started the secondary clutch wouldn't engage.
We drag the snowmobile out and returned it.

The dealer now says I drove it with parking brake on which cause all the damage.
This snowmobile was on a trailer. I am 100% sure I release the parking brake and I have 3 friends who also were there with their snowmoibles who also swear the parking brake was released before taking it off the trailer.

The dealer is saying I could have over powered the parking brake. I'm saying there is no way to over power it without knowing you were over powering it. I drove it off the trailer using the brake to slow down as I drove down the ramp.

I then drove it 100 feet and used very little throttle to do so. When we left again I needed very little throttle to start moving. For the next 2 miles I used the brake to slow down around corners, etc.

So my question is can you really over power the parking brake and never know it?

Is it possible to release the brake but have it not fully release?

I'm not new at this, I have been snowmobiling off an on for 10 years.

Thanks,

Dave
[snapback]737739[/snapback]​
same thing HAPPEND TO ME(WELL KNIDA) I PULL THE SLED OF THE TRAILER AND THE TRACK SPUN THERE WAS A RED LIGHT ON MY DASH THE PARKING PRAKE WAS ON THE WHOLE TIME

1 - 4 of 4 Posts